2023 Montana Draw!!!!

Not entirely correct but close. Somebody with 20 points actually has their name in the hat 401 times. The person with 2 points is in there 5 times. This has to do with the fact that somebody that has 0 points isn't in there 0 times, if they apply their name goes in 1 time.
I was just going with the GoHunt explanation, but they aren’t always on the ball: “During the drawing, bonus points are squared giving the applicants more names in the hat. An applicant with 10 bonus points, for example, would enter the draw with 100 entries.” https://www.gohunt.com/content/insider/tips/montana-point-system-breakdown

I would definitely give up your meaningless 20 points and apply with 0. I always feel more lucky when I buy one raffle ticket instead of 400. Come on golden ticket!
I'll have to check but there is a bunch of us with the meaningless double digit points. I just think it's a fools game to think you are close to drawing an extremely limited permit by your points. Keep your chin up though. mtmuley

I'll have to check but there is a bunch of us with the meaningless double digit points. I just think it's a fools game to think you are close to drawing an extremely limited permit by your points. Keep your chin up though. mtmuley
680 resident
1pt <.1%
22pt = 2.5%

Or something like that, so points make a huge difference in your odds… but odds are that you will die with your points.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree points don’t mean you will draw but I also find it funny hearing them called meaningless. If they don’t mean anything, why keep buying them? I’m already curious to see if we’ll hear whining about having 21 points in 2024…

I agree points don’t mean you will draw but I also find it funny hearing them called meaningless. If they don’t mean anything, why keep buying them? I’m already curious to see if we’ll hear whining about having 21 points in 2024…
Not whining. I'm just realistic. I have 20 points for a few draws. Saying I'm close is funny. Why buy them? $1. mtmuley

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back