2023 Montana Draw!!!!

Why does it help you? Maybe with some easier to draw LE permits the points might. I think basing when you will draw a permit based on bonus points is foolish. mtmuley
I have not studied Montana's regulations thoroughly but does a person with 20 bonus points have a better chance of drawing a tough to draw LE unit than somebody with 2 bonus points? I'm just picking these numbers for an example. I honestly don't know is why I am asking. If not then you are absolutely correct.

20 points got me squat for mule deer. Guess I should look at the breakdown and see what points drew. mtmuley

Reactions: JEL
I have not studied Montana's regulations thoroughly but does a person with 20 bonus points have a better chance of drawing a tough to draw LE unit than somebody with 2 bonus points? I'm just picking these numbers for an example. I honestly don't know is why I am asking. If not then you are absolutely correct.
With 20 points your name is in the hat 400x, with 2 it’s in there 4x. Your choice.

It’s is the absolute stupidest anywhere.
and Montana’s is retarded.
Montana doesn’t force anyone to apply in their state. FWP continues to do it because 31k people spend a lot of money to do it every year. Doesn’t make much sense to me. Makes me question who is stupid and retarded.

Last edited:
Montana doesn’t force anyone to apply in their state. FWP continues to do it because 31k people spend a lot of money to do it every year. Doesn’t make much sense to me. Makes me question who is stupid and a retarded.

We pay, and hence subject ourselves to their stupidity because the possibility of a positive end result has more value than our money, and our Sensibilities aren’t overly fragile.

It’s like asking a question on here knowing that you’ll be subject to passive aggressive nonsense from some members, however the potential benefits outweighs negative experience of subjecting ourselves to stupidity. Because we know there are going contributions that will make our effort worthwhile.

Oh it’s definitely us haha. 140” mule deer make people that way, I should know
140 is a good one maybe you are exaggerating by 20 to 40 inches. Looks like nonresident costs need to go to up for our “knocking it out of the park management”. We certainly haven’t found the ceiling for Montana conservation. It’s working well.

140 is a good one maybe you are exaggerating by 20 to 40 inches. Looks like nonresident costs need to go to up for our “knocking it out of the park management”. We certainly haven’t found the ceiling for Montana conservation. It’s working well.
Oh I have killed a less than 140 buck there believe me. You are probably right: cost/supply don’t match demand

I agree, but that zero point set aside is hardly the biggest issue. There are about 8 other factors much worse.
I like that a certain percentage of tags are set aside for people with less than max points, but the fact that someone with zero points has a decent chance to draw while someone with one point has no chance to draw is pretty damn stupid.

With 20 points your name is in the hat 400x, with 2 it’s in there 4x. Your choice.
Not entirely correct but close. Somebody with 20 points actually has their name in the hat 401 times. The person with 2 points is in there 5 times. This has to do with the fact that somebody that has 0 points isn't in there 0 times, if they apply their name goes in 1 time.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back