Not prepared?

The "pile" has been made, the gun sighted in. The first 3 shots were touching, 2.5" high, still can't believe I bought a POS Kimber. :rolleyes: Fired another 30 rounds through it, under live combat conditions. (dude with a 338 BOSS on one side, and another dude with a 300WM with some sort of magnaport on the other).

All that's left is oiling the boots and stuffing everything in the pack, gassing up the truck and hitting the road... Gonna be a long week.

The "pile" has been made, the gun sighted in. The first 3 shots were touching, 2.5" high, still can't believe I bought a POS Kimber. :rolleyes: Fired another 30 rounds through it, under live combat conditions. (dude with a 338 BOSS on one side, and another dude with a 300WM with some sort of magnaport on the other).

Ivan, did I see you at the Birchwood (range B) Saturday morning? Waiting lines for shooting benches to open, you'd think hunting season was getting near.....

I have been lucky enogh to get myself my own little "lodge" in which to prep!! I sold the 56 Plymouth to a guy in Cali and as such MY side of the garage is now open. Spent part of Sunday gathering most of my crap from the two sheds and various other spots to the garage. Will be adding storage, a stereo and proabably a TV (for weather of course). This is my first true "me" space in 20 years :) I can't wait to layout and pack INSIDE this year.

looking at my credit card bills I think I may be over prepared.. good luck getting ready and on what I am sure will be a great hunt.

Ivan, did I see you at the Birchwood (range B) Saturday morning? Waiting lines for shooting benches to open, you'd think hunting season was getting near.....

Yep. Glad I got there early. Hard to imagine they would host a competition shoot the weekend before hunting season opens.

Were you the guy that took my spot, or part of the artillery battalion? :D

Yep. Glad I got there early. Hard to imagine they would host a competition shoot the weekend before hunting season opens.

Were you the guy that took my spot, or part of the artillery battalion? :D

I was at the far right end of the line, left the same time you did. I was surprised at the competition too.

Heart Attack???

I'm getting a little worried you really were that out of shape and had a heart attack trying to unload your backpack................................
Hope all is well. Post sheep pics when you're physically able. ;)

-Cade

Ready for a mtn goat hunt. Gear is ready. Gun is driving tacks. Cannot replicate the thin air at 14K elevation but otherwise am ready to light this roman candle.

HTML:
"The fat kid got it done... and it wasn't pretty"

I imagine it would be "former fat kid" after what we've seen posted up here in the past. Congrats and looking forward to the pics and story!

I survived, mostly because I made my hunting partners pack all my gear. Course when I take them to my secret spot, I think they owe me at least that much. ;)

Plan B, and nearly going 3 for 3 on a walk in hunt isn't bad.

I'll post pics and story as soon as Dink posts his.

For a moment last week, I figured we'd see a picture of Dink holding an eviction notice courtesy of the ADF&G.

I survived, mostly because I made my hunting partners pack all my gear. Course when I take them to my secret spot, I think they owe me at least that much. ;)

Plan B, and nearly going 3 for 3 on a walk in hunt isn't bad.

I'll post pics and story as soon as Dink posts his.

For a moment last week, I figured we'd see a picture of Dink holding an eviction notice courtesy of the ADF&G.

Here is a tip, get a smaller pack then moan and complain you can't fit it all in! 6000-7000 ci packs only get you back pain from carrying all your own stuff.

I couldn't believe they closed the season like that, last I heard there was at least one ram killed by someone who was dropped off several days before the opener and wouldn't have had a clue.

I heard they had to close the regular season to make sure the subsistence hunts were cancelled as well.

The closure shouldn't have affected many, unbelievable they waited until just before the opener to do it though. Looking at stats there was about a dozen hunters total for the entire area for the last few years, with only a few sheep killed (none last year). I would assume most sheep are killed by subsistence hunters, most of the studies/reports I've read say harvest is 8-10 a year at most for the area. Sheep are really only a "traditional" food source for one village.

Heard chatter at ADFG that the NE side may be closed as well. I think they wanted to do it this year, but didn't have the cajones to do it. I sincerely hope they don't do it. It will reinforce the opponents case for making the state a limited draw...

Don't really see the need for a closure, rams don't have lambs. According to some of the "the best" sheep bio's full curl rams are surplus to a herd. ;)

The closure shouldn't have affected many, unbelievable they waited until just before the opener to do it though. Looking at stats there was about a dozen hunters total for the entire area for the last few years, with only a few sheep killed (none last year). I would assume most sheep are killed by subsistence hunters, most of the studies/reports I've read say harvest is 8-10 a year at most for the area. Sheep are really only a "traditional" food source for one village.

Heard chatter at ADFG that the NE side may be closed as well. I think they wanted to do it this year, but didn't have the cajones to do it. I sincerely hope they don't do it. It will reinforce the opponents case for making the state a limited draw...

Don't really see the need for a closure, rams don't have lambs. According to some of the "the best" sheep bio's full curl rams are surplus to a herd. ;)

I agree, the real problem is not now, it will be in 7-9 years when there are no legal rams, get em while you can!

Back