Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Not prepared?

Bambistew

9 days and counting till wheels up for sheep. I haven't shot my rifle, prepped any gear, made a list of things to fix/buy, or bought any food... Only half in shape. I'll make it happen, but not much time to get anything else done in the next week.

Anyone else less prepared?

This summer flew buy... Every year I say the same thing, "I'm going to get prepared in June so I don't have to rush it the end of July," then fishing season starts.

This summer flew buy... Every year I say the same thing, "I'm going to get prepared in June so I don't have to rush it the end of July," then fishing season starts.

I hear you!!
I too am not near prepared.
Going to be a busy and expensive few weeks for me!

Nothing like that gut wrenching feeling when you realize your out of time! It's amazing how time flys bye. All the while in the back of your mind you know time is counting away. Then one day it hits you. Out of time!! Guess that's part of life, we manage to get it done have a great hunt. Good luck! I hope it all comes together.

I'm never prepared as I want to be. That said, kudos to those of you doing worthwhile things instead of preparing. I waste a lot of time not doing stuff...

I feel more behind than I ever have after an Achilles injury sidelined me for the last 4 weeks. I hurt it trying to play catch-up to training I already should have been doing. However, I told my hunting buddy who is 15 years older than me that I will divy up the gear and pack his pack as well....so I think things may be looking up (or lighter)....

9 days and counting till wheels up for sheep. I haven't shot my rifle, prepped any gear, made a list of things to fix/buy, or bought any food... Only half in shape. I'll make it happen, but not much time to get anything else done in the next week.

Good luck and safe trekking Ivan! Before you know it your little guy will be ready to hit the trails with you and your wife.

I think Defenders are speeding up summers to keep us off balance. I haven't boiled my traps, fixed tree stands or a thing either if that makes you feel better. Lope season starts in a little over 2 weeks.

Not sure what happened to this year but it's flown by. Somehow I've managed to get semi prepared for this fall. Went to the range last month and my lope gun is spot on. Got inspired and set up my tent, wiped it down and repacked it. I have a few minor things to do but I'm more or less ready 68 days in advance. Last year I was more like Bambi, scrambling the last week to get my crap together!

The boys and I have commenced a couple of essential elk trip preparation rituals.....talking chit and growing beards.

Definitely unprepared...broke my ankle in June, just started walking again last week. Still planning on wilderness backpack hunt in the Bighorns of Wyoming.

More behind than usual myself, bum shoulder and haven't shot my bow in weeks. My boy says he is more than happy to shoot any elk we encounter.

We're a sorry bunch of hardcore dudes...

I haven't done much either. I did start going through my camping gear and got a very small start on what I need to buy this year. Haven't done any kind of physical conditioning though. Really worried about that one biting me in the rear.

Good luck Bambi - cannot wait for your trip pics and recap! >>>9 days until hunting season - AWESOME!!!!

I am less prepared in that I do not have a deer tag or antelope tag?, but your message will have me packing up the guns to go shoot here tomorrow :) prep'ing for Sept 2nd bear season opener.

I think you need to focus on your pack....its seems to see alot of stress this time of year!...making sure its prepared is probably more important than any other detail on your hunt!.....good luck anxiously awaiting the full curls!.......and try not piss off the bears i seem to recall a near oh shit moment!...........nope not jealous at all:rolleyes:

Back