Fly fishing bobbers that stay put?

Have you tried tightline nymphing/naked nymphing/euro nymphing/long leader/monorig/indy-less/Czech/french/polish/spanish whatever you want to call it nymphing? Very fun and effective. There are certain water types and scenarios though where a bobber performs better, but another tool for the arsenal

Have you tried tightline nymphing/naked nymphing/euro nymphing/long leader/monorig/indy-less/Czech/french/polish/spanish whatever you want to call it nymphing? Very fun and effective. There are certain water types and scenarios though where a bobber performs better, but another tool for the arsenal

Yep. Great technique for spooky fish in small water and super clear water.

I'll drag a live frog across the bottom of a sandy lake if it gets me a tug.

Bobber fishing is awesome. 90% of the feeding is done under water. Drag free drifts in the winter w/a double nymph rig mean you're catching big trout in winter on tailwaters, catching massive chunkers on lakes and pissing off purists.

So there's really no downside.
I feel ya. Fun to jest on the bobbers, even at risk of taking it too far. It’s really none of my business how others catch fish.

I’ve personally developed a limited tolerance of tangled line, foul hooking, and catching whitefish. I still keep a bobber or two in my vest, and will rig up the whole mess in the spring for a few hours when skwala nymphs start moving around. I just hope no one catches me doing it so as to not disappoint my friends and family.

I have tried that method with some success. It is a fun, active method that keeps you engaged.

I'm often fishing lakes so casting a nymph about 6 feet below. Lots of heaving and drifting in slightly choppy waters. Not all that different compared to how some guys on Pyramid Lake are fishing.

They banned bait fishing and treble hooks on the Beaverhead and Big Hole rivers which keeps me from fishing deep holes like a walleye fisherman LOL

I feel ya. Fun to jest on the bobbers, even at risk of taking it too far. It’s really none of my business how others catch fish.

I’ve personally developed a limited tolerance of tangled line, foul hooking, and catching whitefish. I still keep a bobber or two in my vest, and will rig up the whole mess in the spring for a few hours when skwala nymphs start moving around. I just hope no one catches me doing it so as to not disappoint my friends and family.

I love trash talking about fishing. :)

Whitefish have saved many, many days of fishing for me. As for tangled lines, spend a decade on the North Platte fishing in the wind to learn how to cast that kind of set up. I still can't cast overhead because of Wyoming, but I can boom out 50 feet of line in a 20 mph wind w/ 4 splitshot and two weighted nymphs.

But let's be honest - center-pinners aren't good humans to begin with, so we can slag them off all day long.

I use the ones where you remove a screw in piece and insert the leader. You can always wrap the leader around once after you insert the line in the slot, before putting the screw in piece back on

Can we next discuss how fun it is to throw giant streamers while everyone else is using size 200 drys and nymphs?

Can we next discuss how fun it is to throw giant streamers while everyone else is using size 200 drys and nymphs?
Got a buddy like this but when I’m catching a pile of fish and he’s skunked, it stops being so fun for him lol

I have, especially in the winter time. A bobber and a nymph will out-fish a spinner 4-1, if not more, most times of the year, I’ve tested it
I know very little about trout fishing. One night I was drinking at a bar with @SwaggyD. Came acrossed a fishing guide that had had a slow day. So I did what any man would do and offered my unsolicited advice. The fishing guide walked away. Me and Swaggy got one hell of a laugh though.

I know very little about trout fishing. One night I was drinking at a bar with @SwaggyD. Came acrossed a fishing guide that had had a slow day. So I did what any man would do and offered my unsolicited advice. The fishing guide walked away. Me and Swaggy got one hell of a laugh though.
Lmao. He asked the guide “well did you guys try spinners? I’ve never met a trout that didn’t like a spinner.”

Back