Fly Tying/Fishing Thread

I’ve been fishing a lot of old fashioned unweighted pheasant tails of different styles from a rooster I shot last fall that had a really nice tail. The soft hackle has been absolutely deadly behind a stonefly or bugger. Got a few little rainbows to bite today.

IMG_8719.jpeg
IMG_8720.jpegIMG_6787.jpeg

I’ve been fishing a lot of old fashioned unweighted pheasant tails of different styles from a rooster I shot last fall that had a really nice tail. The soft hackle has been absolutely deadly behind a stonefly or bugger. Got a few little rainbows to bite today.

Great lookin flies! I’ve been tying some PTs as well lately. This one is a fly I have good luck on lakes with. The body is a mix of PT and turkey tail feathers giving a small light/dark contrast. Our local fisheries have really been heating up lately and fishing phenomenally.

IMG_5073.jpeg

I had training in Jackson, WY last week. The rivers that were no longer frozen were gunky. Didn't get to fish, even though I brought it all. I feel ripped off.

Tied up a quick 50 piece nymph assortment for a buddy in my free time the last couple days, I enjoy tying enough I just charged him the cost to replace the materials, should catch him a few fish.View attachment 324332
There’s no need to blur our the squirmies and eggs, we won’t be offended…

I wasn’t able to fish or hunt bears at all this week so I stocked up on a bunch of the small stuff that catches a ton of fish. Soft hackles, $3 dips, shop vacs, hares ear and pheasant tail varieties, and others. Threw in a couple streamers for good measure when I was getting tired of the 16s and 18s.

IMG_8783.jpeg

I wasn’t able to fish or hunt bears at all this week so I stocked up on a bunch of the small stuff that catches a ton of fish. Soft hackles, $3 dips, shop vacs, hares ear and pheasant tail varieties, and others. Threw in a couple streamers for good measure when I was getting tired of the 16s and 18s.

View attachment 324357
I didn’t blur those flies for fear of offending anyone, it’s just the way I tie them that might set them apart from others flies and have been extremely effective for me when fished side by side with other versions.. Trying to keep a slight fish catching advantage over other anglers by not giving all the secrets away, I think the the fish like to see a slight variety from the typical fly shop offerings 😉 hahaha

Great flies @MTLabrador!!

I didn’t blur those flies for fear of offending anyone, it’s just the way I tie them that might set them apart from others flies and have been extremely effective for me when fished side by side with other versions.. Trying to keep a slight fish catching advantage over other anglers by not giving all the secrets away, I think the the fish like to see a slight variety from the typical fly shop offerings 😉 hahaha

Great flies @MTLabrador!!
I agree completely, I do the same with a few common patterns to mix it up. Or I just fish a pink ray Charles and pretend they’re not taking it as an egg, which they definitely are.

I agree completely, I do the same with a few common patterns to mix it up. Or I just fish a pink ray Charles and pretend they’re not taking it as an egg, which they definitely are.
Yep I’ve always said that as well. Fishing a “fire bead pink Ray Charles” is just fishing an egg pattern but feeling better than everyone else fishing traditional egg patterns lol. Once had a guy give me a weird, disappointed look when I said I was fishing a McFly foam egg, I asked what he was fishing and he put his nose up in the air and said “a fire bead pink Ray Charles” and I couldn’t help but start laughing 🤣

Tied up a quick 50 piece nymph assortment for a buddy in my free time the last couple days, I enjoy tying enough I just charged him the cost to replace the materials, should catch him a few fish.View attachment 324332
You don’t gotta blur the worms. We don’t judge.

View attachment 324357

EDIT: yoooo I thought the same thing about the squirmies but you beat me to it

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back