2016 Hunt Talk Bear Hunt

Give me a heads up next year and I'll buy you coffee while you're waiting for your plane.

Darn, we were wrong on our departure time and had 3 hours to kill. Would have been great. My buddy and I were commenting on how much we liked the looks of Spokane. Looks like a great mix of urban and outdoors!

Very sorry to have missed it this year but did have a blast on the "pre-party" hunt. It just wasn't in the cards for me with my upcoming Hell's Canyon Wilderness float. I got to spend the weekend in Missoula spending the better part of $1000 on new and upgraded gear for the trip and just didn't have more fun tickets to get there. I'm glad to see Ethan and Julie connected on a bear, however, where are the trout pics? :) BTW guys I just finished doing some mountain yoga and it feels good. If you think I'm flexible in my arms you should see me doing my leg stretches, for a guy of my build it's pretty amazing. I can dang near do the splits no joke!

The softer side of Cush.

20160514_085727_zps4rhyjdz4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4

I had to see Quigley in his boxers today when he decided to jump in the pond while we were fishing. Night one on my own at camp....I'm drunk. Caught another walleye. Freaked out some hipsters that took up residency across the way. Ate mountain lion breakfast sausage and eggs for dinner. Texting people next to the fire. Still drinking. Have a good evening folks...more fishing tomorrow

Last edited:
Try the orange power bait. Don't make me come up there and let my kids show you how to catch a trout. You know Jenna said not to come back without fish.

That bear is a bruiser, Kaitum! Wow!

John,
Hammer those fish! Put the Cush into fishing! I most miss of everything is sitting around the fire b.s.'ing and enjoying the banter. Then there is John... Missed ya this year, John. I am off for 6 days starting Thursday. Will you be around? Would enjoy crackin' a beer with ya fishing.

This hunt looks like too much fun. Sytes, I hope you are fully healed up from that fall. Hope you make it out again this season.
Looks like bears are in big trouble over there.

Last edited:
I had to see Quigley in his boxers today when he decided to jump in the pond while we were fishing. Night one on my own at camp....I'm drunk. Caught another walleye. Freaked out some hipsters that took up residency across the way. Ate mountain lion breakfast sausage and eggs for dinner. Texting people next to the fire. Still drinking. Have a good evening folks...more fishing tomorrow

I'm pretty sure you mean GOT to see me in my boxers when I decided to jump in the pond. Can't visit a mountain pond and not jump in. Especially after not showering for 8 days...

This has been a good thread. So is there anyone still out there looking for a bear, or is it officially in the books?

Maybe we should organize an alternate HuntTalk Hunt, since this one is always at full capacity. I know a decent place in Alabama for public land hogs.

I would be up for that. We can carpool and save some gas money.

This has been a good thread. So is there anyone still out there looking for a bear, or is it officially in the books?

Maybe we should organize an alternate HuntTalk Hunt, since this one is always at full capacity. I know a decent place in Alabama for public land hogs.

I believe the last of the hunters called it to an end earlier this week. I think Cushman is still chasing the elusive trout in a nearby location

I'm giving it one more go. Meeting up w/ John with the boat and we're going to do some fishing then I am giving it one last "hur-rah"... Call it the end of the end...

Was thinking about a speed-goat Hunt Talk deal? I'm not an active pronghorn hunter though a group setting... Seems we found the following or maybe I should say - I have come to the idea vs speaking for others:
The main aspect, a focused hunt based on leaving mornings alone for recovery from the last eve hunt / hangover... I've not seen much for hangovers though it has been comfortable to not operate on early morning and it allows us to ramble late into the eve/morning w/o keeping others from a fair sleep to prep for an eary hunt...
Second, Elk / Deer borders a fuzzy line of notellum locations tough to present to groups of people.

Last edited:

This very subject came up in camp. Hopefully this inspires other guys to come up with alternate Hunttalk hunts. I think we had @ 16 guys this year and the bigger it gets, the bigger the challenge to find enough hunting spots, appropriate campsites, etc. There are a thousand possibilities for Hunttalk hunts. I'd dig a Hunttalk pheasant hunt in eastern MT or SD some year.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back