2016 Hunt Talk Bear Hunt

I'd dig a Hunttalk pheasant hunt in eastern MT or SD some year.

Have dog, will travel. I'd do eastern MT.

I've also thought about a Hunt Talk chukar hunt in Idaho (Pittsburgh Landing maybe) if there is any interest.

A pheasant hunt in eastern MT would be pretty tough hunting. This is out my window.

Attachments

• pheasantcrop.jpg
    pheasantcrop.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,202
There would be a lot of dead 'yotes and garlic roasted pheasant breasts - The one to be dubbed for this type event would be faced with a 'yote skinned loin cloth and pheasant feather headband...

Hunttalk Pheasant Hunt 2017. We'll hang at JCS's place and watch JLS's dog run pheasants through the yard... Don't burn the burgers... Oh look! There goes another pheasant... :)

Might have killed it a day before the Hunttalker officially started but here is a wilderness bear from my time up there in Montana.
image1.jpg
Spotted the bear on Tuesday night after I hiked in. Figured it was the first day of hunting so I let it be. Went back to glass in the am and it was still there.
image2.jpg
Two hours of climbing later I was in position for the shot. Bear stepped out at 385yds.
IMG_2300.jpg
Didn't want to clutter up this epic trophy pic with my ugly mug.
image4.jpg
The bear and camp. Pack out was a doozy.

Thanks to the hunttalkers for letting me join your camp and thanks to Travis and Gerald for dragging me along on hunts. Till next time Montana...

Last edited:
Made it home around noon today. Limped the truck the end of the voyage up there and limped it back home. Got pics to post, but they're not on photobucket yet.....a couple of PG-13 pics of Mr Quigley if I'm in the right mood when I post them :rolleyes:

Have dog, will travel. I'd do eastern MT.

I've also thought about a Hunt Talk chukar hunt in Idaho (Pittsburgh Landing maybe) if there is any interest.
I've got a GSP that would be up for a chukar hunt at Pittsburgh Landing. As long as it doesn't interfere with the control hunt tags I am planning on getting this year. One can only hope.

Depending on dates, I'd also be interested in a HT bird hunt. Need to get my pup on birds somehow... May need to just pay JCS to chain in his yard for a couple weeks. ;)

So Quigley couldn't get those bears off his mind. He drove 8 hours back out of his way for one more shot at the honey hole. Since it's raining, base camp is my basement bedroom. Too bad I have to go to work tomorrow. We'll see what he and Travis come up with over the next couple days...

So this happened. Don't worry about the grayed out portion, Jeff was just telling me how he felt when Cushman was watching him in his undies.

Attachments

• 2016-05-25 06.59.13.jpg
    2016-05-25 06.59.13.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 605
Ummmm..... Due to the time lapse in getting Jeff's bear report, I suspect a certain nasty drainage they may have ventured into??? :hump:

Apologies for the delay getting some photos up. Travis and I actually managed to get the bear down last night in one trip, but needed to get it checked in and meet up to get the photos off his camera. Without further delay.

Travis initially walked up on this bear sleeping at 20 yards before crawling back out and getting my attention.

DSCN3887.jpg

DSCN3902.jpg

DSCN3916.jpg

DSCN3925.jpg

DSCN3939.jpg

Last edited:
Back