Caribou Gear Tarp

2016 Hunt Talk Bear Hunt

Off we go back to the same drainage as last night to find the black Volkswagen that eluded us yesterday. Hopefully the new route will be more productive and less treacherous. Time will tell. Looking forward to the rest of you guys showing up over the next 24 hours!

Sooooo......you get first shot this year? Good luck, hopefully someone will be on the board tonight!

I swear the clock on my cubicle wall just started going backwards...

I am bring red chili, (gluten free) green chili, (gluten free) sweet and sour meatballs, 2 gluten free cakes, and a gluten free cornbread for the group :p Hopefully I catch enough fish to make some gluten free fish chowder.

mmmmm, green chili !

LOL hit it again Randy, I think it's still ticking a bit.

You guys have fun. Take your sunscreen, it's supposed to be warm.

Wheels up at 2 PM. Hope to be in camp by 7 with a fresh keg of Tartanic from Blackfoot. Very much looking forward to this!

Made it to camp Yesterday afternoon just in time to say hello, etc before the group headed out for last evening's yogi hunt. I packed up after a brief chat with the local guru's and planned to pack in a simple camp for a night or two...

Well, I have officially knocked myself out of this year's hunt, in record time! With our trusted medical team out to punch their tags, figured best to call it a trip and head back. CT scan early this morning (1 am) showed no improvement to my noggin - dang it! Thought for sure a wack to the head like that would have cleared some of the junk... I contemplated hanging out a bit longer, maybe tough it out... though figured, at best, I'd have one heck of a headache and a swollen eye (confirmed)... After hearing the word "concussion" back at camp, well the days of bucking up is chalked up to a time of the past.

I have gone round and round over the best story to tell... "Yogi kicked my ass!" to... "A griz chased me down a hill and I bit it!"... In the end, while traversing down a clear cut area, one foot caught onto another or onto the ground / branch I somewhat remember the impact with something, (think maybe the head handle of my trek pole(?)) and well, I came to a few seconds later and figured time to hike back to the truck...

Back at the truck, snapped a pic to evaluate my hillside sucker punch @ approx 1930hrs:

attachment.php

Best to everyone at camp! Need to see some bear pics, soon!

Looked at the middle picture and thought "why are they standing around with their hands in their pockets when there is a nice warm fire in the background?" Then it hit me, "their standing around the Bar!"

Sytes, A thousand years from now they will dig up your grave and they will say "Look at the Scars and Broken bones, this man must have been a Mighty Warrior!" LOL John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back