Yukon Dream fulfilled, in pictures.

Would you mind posting rough prices for others (cough cough *me*) to consider going? I know Marcus did the Alaska logistics a few years ago, but this experience is different than his DIY @Big Fin

I think the 2024 and 2025 prices are here on his website. If you are flexible, sometimes a cancellation hunt can be had for less than listed. That’s what we got in on for this Ceaser Lake hunt in the Yukon. He also owns BackcountryBC and Beyond, which is his Cassiar Mtn. operation we hunted with in 2019.

Link- https://www.ceaserlake.com/

I think the 2024 and 2025 prices are here on his website. If you are flexible, sometimes a cancellation hunt can be had for less than listed. That’s what we got in on for this Ceaser Lake hunt in the Yukon. He also owns BackcountryBC and Beyond, which is his Cassiar Mtn. operation we hunted with in 2019.

Link- https://www.ceaserlake.com/
Right on! I’ve been eyeballing a hunt like this. Your write up is pushing me to make it a reality. Thanks!

Amazing! Those are the only words that come to mind. Thank you documenting a rare adventure.

I was able to drive through the Yukon twice and nearly swerved off the road to avoid hitting a stone sheep ram. I will never forget the stunning views burned into my mind from that amazing place!

I enjoyed the write up and it reminds me that I have often woken up in a dark tent, usually on a solo hunt, to get moving so am in position when the first light begins painting the sky. Those first rays of light are when I try take a few seconds to admire the moment knowing the unfolding sunrise or swirling snow flurries or low-hanging gray winter skies are living wilderness paintings into which I have snuck by putting one foot in front of the other well beyond where the dirt road ends.

Pictures I take can never capture the nuances of nature's colors much less the sounds and smells. Notes which I jot into my hunt diary can never log all the details of terrain, encounters and my sore body. So, I admire the moment knowing I am not a great hunter but I am appreciative of the six decades of luck, persistence and encouragement from family, friends and even strangers which I have met through this forum. Thank you for taking the baton from Moosie to continue the effort, investment and leadership to nurture a vision which has evolved into a very special place. I am glad you are able to still manage to carve out a few days now for your own special moments. Well done.

Congratulations to both you and Marcus! I always enjoy your gift of recounting the hunt and absolutely love the photography that you guys always provide. That looks to truly be the pinnacle of God's handiwork!

As I've written on the forum before, my hunting dreams involve landscapes, more so than species. I started saving money 29 years ago to make my hunting dreams a reality, pending health allowing me to do such.

The four locations on that list were:

• Cassiars of northern British Columbia (2019)
  • Wrangells of Alasks (2018)
  • Yukon (What this story is about)
  • MacKenzie Mountains (hopefully in 2024)

WHAT??!? The rain forest of the western Oregon Coast Range isn't on the list? I am heartbroken!

QQ

PS Very cool story. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I think some of these are worth more than that.

Wow. The story of how this whole hunt unfolded—chasing a lifetime dream, the closeness of friends, the surprising generosity, the stunning landscape and incredible animals, and your obvious gratitude for it all—reminds me once again that this is a pretty incredible world we live in. Beautiful stuff, Randy. Congratulations.

Thanks for sharing the trip on here and reminding us all why we love hunttalk so much. This was an awesome follow.
@Hunting Wife is Randy eligible for talkie awards? Haha

spectacular Photos!
Grant and Drea are awesome looking dudes.
Those Caribou, big and magnificent, Congrats.
Camp ptarmigan, sure is tasty.
Moose is close 50", but 4 brow tines puts him in the freezer, where I hunt.
Overall AWESOME!

Congratulations Randy on the successful trip and beautiful trophies. Happy and safe hunting to all, TheGrayRider.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back