Caribou Gear

New Zealand DIY Public Land Red Stag and Tahr Hunt

Made it home 2 days ago. 32hrs of travel. I saw the sun set twice in on May 9th that'll confuse you a bit. Made it to my house at 3am, sleep at 3:45, up at 5:45 for work.

I didn't have any issues with customs. I told Fish and Wildlife 2 different times when I would be coming through Houston and what I would have and they still weren't there to check my bag. So the normal folks just x-rayed my bag took my paperwork, stamped it and told me to have a good day.

Made it home 2 days ago. 32hrs of travel. I saw the sun set twice in on May 9th that'll confuse you a bit. Made it to my house at 3am, sleep at 3:45, up at 5:45 for work.

I didn't have any issues with customs. I told Fish and Wildlife 2 different times when I would be coming through Houston and what I would have and they still weren't there to check my bag. So the normal folks just x-rayed my bag took my paperwork, stamped it and told me to have a good day.
🤣🤣🤣. Houston Customs is probably a little busy at the moment. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

I've always wanted to hunt New Zealand, but now it just got real. I love that it's a spring hunt. Usually a quiet time of year around here so it'd be the perfect time to sneak away for a couple of weeks! Amazingly beautiful country to boot!

Would you share the helicopter charters? Looking to do this exact thing and would like a contact from someone who has been, thanks!

Just watched the deer hunt vid. Well done to you and the local guides. I hope you tipped them haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back