Yukon Dream fulfilled, in pictures.

Dall sheep, unless a big Mountain Caribou makes an appearance prior to that.
My avatar is my Dall from that Mackinzies. It was a killer ram, but I also had a Caribou tag. I had taken a good bull in Quebec many years ago so I told my wife I wouldn't bring home another Caribou unless it was a monster. But with 8 days left to hunt, I found a bull right out of camp. It scored 458.
Needless to say, my wife was not pleased, but I still grin when I look at it.
Good luck with the next bucket list check Big Fin!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us! Some really great photos.

What an awesome hunt! Congrats to you and the entire crew. Thanks for sharing it!

I just want to add to all the well wishes for your epic adventure. Thank you for including us on such a wonderful hunt. It's been 44 years since my hunt in the far north. Wild places stir the soul and the Canadian north is as wild as it gets.

My hunt in the Canadian north occurred 44 years ago. All of your photos and writing, refresh the memories.

A non sequitur, thank you for keeping the lights on for a great web site for big game hunters to sit around and share hunting stories.

Last edited:
Randy,

You likely don't remember me, but we met at the PNW Sportsmans show in Portland a few years ago. I recall reading your 2019 BC adventure, and sharing it with my wife explaining to her that it felt like I was reading about myself. Small business owner, with dreams that seem bigger than my checkbook, having the same internal struggle with justifying the expense of MY dream, instead of spending it on my loved ones.

Anyway, her encouragement and your story pushed me over the edge. I am now booked for a backcountry moose hunt into the wilds of BC. The outfitter will be taking me into a recently burned area by horseback, he has never hunted before. I am a forester by trade, so the idea of exploring pure wildness, barely touched by humans is probably the most exciting part of this.

A huge congrats to you on your bulls, but especially the opportunity to experience the wildness.

Randy,

You likely don't remember me, but we met at the PNW Sportsmans show in Portland a few years ago. I recall reading your 2019 BC adventure, and sharing it with my wife explaining to her that it felt like I was reading about myself. Small business owner, with dreams that seem bigger than my checkbook, having the same internal struggle with justifying the expense of MY dream, instead of spending it on my loved ones.

Anyway, her encouragement and your story pushed me over the edge. I am now booked for a backcountry moose hunt into the wilds of BC. The outfitter will be taking me into a recently burned area by horseback, he has never hunted before. I am a forester by trade, so the idea of exploring pure wildness, barely touched by humans is probably the most exciting part of this.

A huge congrats to you on your bulls, but especially the opportunity to experience the wildness.
That's great to hear. I hope your experience exceeds your wildest dreams. Look forward to seeing you again at the PNW show in February.

I'm a little late to the party here, but damn.... what a story. I like when you give us the long version, but the Oak style that let the pictures do the talking has to be number 1. Congrats to you and Marcus on a dream hunt.

wow randy, absolutely amazing story and pics! thank you for sharing. ive never had bucket list hunting trips (or anything really since i just dont have the means) but i think you just convinced me to start one. what an adventure!

Wow - I don't know how I missed this thread! I just finished watch the 4th episode on FT+ and I'm glad I got to do that first.

Amazing trip @Big Fin! I'm already itching for the Mackenzie episodes.

You have made hunting fun again for me and led me to new friendships in new places. Know that I appreciate that so much.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back