PEAX Equipment

Young Wyoming turkey hunters

JM77

I know Wyoming is not too well known for it's turkey hunting besides in the Black Hills, but we have quite a few birds scattered around the state. My two grandsons, both 10, took a spring double the other day on a pair of great birds. This is the 3rd year in a row they have been successful, starting when they were 8.

It was definitely a special hunt, the boys keeping their cool while I called to the birds, one boy with me, the other with my son-in-law, a couple yards away. To me, turkey hunting is all about camouflage, sitting perfectly still, back to a tree and calling them in. It was a classic!

And it was their idea to pack the birds almost a mile back to the truck!IMG_7463.jpg0.jpegIMG_7464 (1).jpg

Woohoo! Love seeing youngsters getting it done, and these dudes are getting quite the track record.

At that age/size, a mile with a big ol' bird on your shoulder will let you know you've done some work!

Awesome Birds!! Love to see youngsters getting it done & parents sharing the lifestyle we all love.

Awesome! I bet it was fun for everyone involved, great memories there. And there is no turkeys elsewhere in the state ;)

Back