Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Yeti & NRA

+1

This temper tantrum about Yeti may work in their favor yet.

+2

They only reason I have a Yeti is when they had the Friday where they donated 100% of all sales to hurricane relief. I wanted a small cooler and was going to get a different brand, but that motivated me to donate $200 to hurricane relief and get a free cooler out of it. If the NRA is going to try to bully Yeti, I'll be buying more Yetis. I hate bullies as well.

I heard another bombshell is going to drop today....Yeti is apparently against the 18th Amendment....load up the tannerite.

Yeah and apparently very much supporters of the 21st... I have a sneaking suspicion that they also are fans HR 1337.

The Yeti marketing department should be slapped for timing. The NRA just had its largest single month recruitment growth in history announced and Yeti decides to break ties. It’s timing. Wait until the surge of membership growth is over and then cut ties if you must.

The Yeti marketing department should be slapped for timing. The NRA just had its largest single month recruitment growth in history announced and Yeti decides to break ties. It’s timing. Wait until the surge of membership growth is over and then cut ties if you must.

Why would a business make a business decision but on whats going on with some other business in a particular month?

And yes the NRA is a business. Big business.

Last edited:
So how many people have changed their minds based upon this thread?

Not every discussion has to end with folks conceding or changing, sometimes simple discussion and learning the perspectives of others is valuable in its own right. Discourse isn't a competition with winners and losers. Every conversation doesn't have to be evangelism, where success lies only in the converted.

Well me for one. I originally thought Yeti was targeting the NRA. I did not know that they were simply changing their sponsorship policy in general. I bought a Yeti mug on the way home. My only Yeti product.

The question of internet forum debates... I would say most all of those who've posted are posting because of strong feelings on the subject or are politically inclined to play partisan puppet. Maybe those viewing may generate impressions to lead one way or the other.

Myself? Meh, gifted life NRA member. I dispised the "Obama's going to take all guns" rhetoric as I dispised the Anti Antiquities Act BHA rhetoric though I'm a member of them as well.

I believe the NRA bashing YETI on some outlandish basis that YETI is opposed to law abiding gun ownership (as the Democrat slanted media also says for their agenda)... Is horse crap. I believe YETI's support of field and stream outdoor youth, etc is quality support not as NRA portrayed.
Other side, I believe YETI's recent decisions were directly related to the anti law abiding citizen ownership of firearms CNN, MSNBC types are subjectively pushing. YETI of the recent month began withdraw of it's Trademark use as a means to distance themselves. Mind you, this was an apparent decision from 2016 that was not pushed... Until now. That's business though piss poor choice of timing on their part thus they reap what they've sown.

So both are horse pucky. I see both sides thus, it's dog eat dog business... Bedfellows get along until they split up. ;)

Last edited:
my question:
how many people went out and cut up, shot, blew up a $300 cooler because they saw a headline, video, or lop-sided article saying "yeti hates the NRA"

maybe Yeti had poor timing, but for the NRA i look at it as a publicity stunt and nothing more. they didn't necessarily lie but they didn't tell the whole truth of the matter either, but that is just today's "journalism" at its best and social media makes it spread like wildfire

i will also say i'm surprised Randy is the only one who has said "who cares about Yeti's business decisions, Orion Coolers is where it's at"
come on guys, even if you don't buy an Orion at least remember about them, seems like a good company and can't say they are against the outdoors with their add ons and their kayaks too

I wonder how many people made more money on the views on youtube than the cost of their destroyed yeti?

On a side note, I'll never consider Orion until they dump Jimmy Houston. He's a horrible sportsman.

Not every discussion has to end with folks conceding or changing, sometimes simple discussion and learning the perspectives of others is valuable in its own right. Discourse isn't a competition with winners and losers. Every conversation doesn't have to be evangelism, where success lies only in the converted.

Well said. I wish this principle was being hammered home in our schools. Instead they are being taught that every issue is a black or white, life or death situation and all other perspectives must be ignored.

Well said. I wish this principle was being hammered home in our schools. Instead they are being taught that every issue is a black or white, life or death situation and all other perspectives must be ignored.

What gives you that impression? Genuinely curious because that is NOT the way things are taught in my classroom or my school. As far as I’m aware, teaching according to black and white, single-sided perspectives is really a thing of the past in public schools.

I asked this question on another forum and haven't received much of an answer. Can someone explain to me why this is such a big deal? All they did was change their discount program; nothing more, nothing less. I'm struggling to see the connection between that move and their stance on the NRA or the second amendment.
Yup. Agree.

What gives you that impression? Genuinely curious because that is NOT the way things are taught in my classroom or my school. As far as I’m aware, teaching according to black and white, single-sided perspectives is really a thing of the past in public schools.

Most teachers are well intentioned, but this is still a real problem. Our oldest daughter took a high school environmental science class at her (public) high school. A major part of their grade was to weekly find a news article about human impact on the environment and write a 2 page essay on it. The syllabus actually stated that only articles identifying harm were to be given credit and that zero points would be given for any article that suggested human action would have a positive environmental impact. When I asked him about this, he said it was not about choosing sides, it was about "credible science" and in his "learned" view as a "trained scientist" there was no credible evidence that humanity could do anything positive to the environment and that our very existence was a harmful. Given tenure it wasn't worth fighting, but it was a great learning experience for my daughter and prepared her well for the experience of leftist ideology so prevalent at modern universities.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back