Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Yeti & NRA

Outrageous? No. Dumb, yes.

If someone feelings strongly enough about this non issue I can think of a whole lot better ways to make an effective point then blowing up your own cooler.

For a non-issue it sure seems to have struck a chord. Meh, people seem resigned to watching our fundamental rights be disolved. I'll say it again, look at what has happened in California, and they are just getting started. The same people attacking firearm ownership via demonizing the NRA are the same crowd that will force you to accept uncontrolled invasive species, unhuntable predators, and closing off public access due to disturbing nature. Side with them. Whatever, just remember we are living in the good old days. Right now is as good as it will ever be.

The same people ... demonizing the NRA are the same crowd that will force you to accept uncontrolled invasive species, unhuntable predators, and closing off public access due to disturbing nature.

It's like there's an alternative universe out there and HT is the portal connecting the two.

We, you and I, have the same general "facts" in this life, yet have come to completely opposite ends of this spectrum. I tend to think the NRA does more to hurt long term gun ownership than help it. They're completely creditable by the majority of Americans. That's not a good thing. They're clearly doing something wrong.

It's like there's an alternative universe out there and HT is the portal connecting the two.

We, you and I, have the same general "facts" in this life, yet have come to completely opposite ends of this spectrum. I tend to think the NRA does more to hurt long term gun ownership than help it. They're completely creditable by the majority of Americans. That's not a good thing. They're clearly doing something wrong.

Editing posts in a manner to change their meaning should be a banable offense internet-wide.

A couple hundred bucks to make a statement in regards to something you believe in is outrageous to some of you?

I find that really interesting.

Someone with a higher intelligence quotient than the tannerite dude would have sold his Yeti and donated the money to the NRA. He could have even filmed it so he could make a Facebook spectacle of himself.

So no, I don’t think it was outrageous, just idiotic.

We, you and I, have the same general "facts" in this life, yet have come to completely opposite ends of this spectrum. I tend to think the NRA does more to hurt long term gun ownership than help it. ....

Absolutely! They have an internal conflict of interest. If they were any good at what they claim to be trying to fix, they would be out of a job. A very lucrative job, by the way. The last thing the NRA wants is to fix the "gun problem" in the United States.

And yes, I'm an NRA member.

Last edited:
Do you think I can trade my lifetime membership for a cooler?

Membership swaps are only valid for items of equal or lesser value.

You may have a lid for a tumbler.*

Shipping and handling fee is separate.

Shipping fee is for in warehouse pickup
Handling fee includes YETI logo cardboard which incurs a premium cost. Additional costs for shipping that involves shipping

*tumbler sold separately. Does not include tax, title or licensing fees. Handle or personal engraving comes at additional cost.

All joking aside, YETI is a great company that has done a lot for conservation and an even better job at separating people from their money for a beer and meat keeper colder.

As for the NRA, they are ran by a bunch of tone deaf idiots.
But they are doing work that nobody else has the clout to do. Maybe if they slowed down someone more responsible with words and image would fill their shoes? Who knows.

I would like to see this kind of fury they’ve shown recently directed at going after politicians that break the law when they violate their oath of office regarding gun laws, and less shitting on the maker of an expensive cooler.

YETI isn’t anti gun/anti hunting. That is obvious to anybody that knows anything about the people that work there, the work they do, or has watched any of their films. ( A Hunt, Arctic Red etc) I don’t have unlimited money, so I have yet to drop $600 on a cooler but good on them if they can sell them.

Last edited:
Membership swaps are only valid for items of equal or lesser value.

You may have a lid for a tumbler.*

Shipping and handling fee is separate.

Shipping fee is for in warehouse pickup
Handling fee includes YETI logo cardboard which incurs a premium cost. Additional costs for shipping that involves shipping

*tumbler sold separately. Does not include tax, title or licensing fees. Handle or personal engraving comes at additional cost.

Hmmm, well at least it's something...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...ndraising-record/ar-AAwhRkS?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Are lots of hunters cutting ties with NRA? I was under the impression NRA membership is currently growing. Seems an odd time for a hunter to leave the association.

If you use the magazine subscriptions as a guage, American Hunter (NRA hunting magazine that comes with membership), had a circulation of 964,000 in 2016. In 2017, circulation fell to 883,000. The other NRA magazines also experienced declines which has been connected to Trump's presidency and the 2nd amendment threat being perceived as low with the given Republican majorities in all 3 branches of government. Mostly though, the decline of hunters in the NRA simply correlates to the decline of hunters in the general population.

Updated article with the "facts" per NRA:

https://www.statesman.com/business/...gaging-damage-control/NLR4zDFtcrDMZQ3VnM34jI/

Yeti has yet to respond but you can read between the lines of their initial statement where they do not deny severing ties with NRA. They never directly denied it because they did it. In their statement which was carefully crafted by a wordsmith or esquire to deceive the casual reader they say a lot but tell very little about what actually happened. They directly denied the quote about outdoor activities and went on to expand on that but ignored the main issue which is they cut ties with the NRA.

You can tell who is being truthful by the way their statements are worded. Yeti should just own it, and say they did it. Go after the kayakers, fisherman, hikers, campers, cater to their base in Austin and write firearm hunters off. I doubt it would change many people's feelings either way on a polarizing issue like the NRA. The spin and back peddling just makes them look worse.

Last edited:
I've been told this is the form letter sent to the NRA and the other Legacy Vendor participants, all 300+ of them.
Seems rather odd that only the NRA is making this a 2nd Amendment issue, pitting sportsmen against each other and trashing an outdoor gear company that has supported us for decades.

31186222_10213522428646934_8506286410238525440_n.jpg

5.) The many members of congress, regardless of political affiliation, who support all of our constitutional amendments.

'Many' is a pretty big stretch. Just looking at only the 2nd and 4th Amendments, there are very few politicians in congress that support both. And that's without looking at any of the others.

I'm not picking on you because several people expressed the same sentiment, but you present a false choice and a gross exaggeration. Right now the NRA is repugnant, especially with their rhetoric suggesting arms need to be taken up to protect themselves from liberals and the media. Twenty three years ago GHW Bush had the courage to tell Wayne to shut the hell up when he started down a similar path. They moderated somewhat, but now Wayne is back, and even worse he is generating fear against our fellow citizens. Someone else needs the courage to tell them to shut up and get them back on course.

For your enjoyment... from Elliott Woods, hunter and Iraq veteran... When you lose those types you should know your influence is dwindling. He was interviewed on NRA TV recently, and right afterwords they started in on the Mueller investigation. What does that have to do with gun rights? They are more about generating mistrust in our political system than protecting our guns.

rg

You have your opinion and I have mine. It seems they differ, That's OK though.

Interesting to see the comments here vs another forum I am on. Much more reasonable.

I thought the same thing. The only thing about the whole situation that surprises me is the civility of this discussion.

I get into it with some of my family members on the issue of stamping your feet for the NRA and 2A issues. I can't seem to get them to understand that their stupid memes and name calling on social media doesn't move the needle. Money talks in politics, and for that reason, I'm glad the NRA exists even though their PR for many years has left a horrible taste in my mouth.

As for YETI, I've been bad mouthing them for many years for no other reason than their price point and douchy status symbol perception. I'll keep buying RTIC products, thanks.

I always thought Yeti was a bit over the top on price and under the bar on performance, but maybe I'll go out and buy a Yeti mug after all. ;)

Then I'll put my NRA sticker on it? I don't know. Too much tempest in a teapot for me.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back