Wyoming with 8 points

Michigangunner

I will have 8 elk points going into the Wyoming draw next year. I have never hunted Wyoming for elk and have started some research online. Is there anyone that would be interested in steering me in the right direction? I mean I don't need coordinates to a honey hole, but a unit or two that you could recommend. I am most interested in the Big horns to stay away from the Big bears.
I could trade some Colorado or Montana info.
Thanks in Advance for any help

With 8 points you can draw many of the Big Horn units. In the two units I've hunted, you could easily draw with those points. Even with cameras tagging along behind us and having never stepped foot in those units, we had bulls laying on the deck by noon on opening day, on both hunts. As to numbers of elk in the Big Horn units I've hunted, to quote one of our Wyoming members here, "You can't throw a dead cat in any direction without hitting an elk."

We hunt DIY only.
I would rather archery hunt myself, But my dad will likely never get this many points again to draw these units as NR so we are looking at rifle as a possibility also if that offers us a better hunt. We don't need to chase 300 plus bulls to be happy, just some decent bulls is fine with us.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back