Wyoming Sept 26th back pack hunt

streamer

Drew a rifle tag for the Sept 26th oopener in Wyoming. This is the earliest rifle elk hunt I have been on, 4 of us are going to pack in as far as are feet will get us, We also drew 3 mule deer tags. I'm really hoping not to see too many other hunters but it will be public land. We all have never done a hunt like this before so there may be a learning curve, any tips on the hunt and on the pack-in camp from those who have done this.

Wow... 7 tags for 4 hunters, packing in too far may be an issue if too many tags are filled. 1 elk +3 miles is a whole day for a fellow to pack out.

First thing that comes to mind steamer is with 4 of you work together on your equipment lists. What i mean is make sure you are not duplicating items that you can get by with only one or two of, stove,water filter,cooking gear ECT. Every OZ counts! Sounds like a fun trip,good luck.

First thing that comes to mind steamer is with 4 of you work together on your equipment lists. What i mean is make sure you are not duplicating items that you can get by with only one or two of, stove,water filter,cooking gear ECT. Every OZ counts! Sounds like a fun trip,good luck.

X2, good advice,
Matt

Take a bunch of pillow cases to hang boned-out meat. An early season hunt can be problematic with the potential quantity of meat that you have.

That is going to be a fun time-dead critters or not. Good luck.

Plan on staying light, and very mobile, if were not seeing animals we will move. Just my luck I get the hunt off the ground and I'm the only one without a mulie tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back