Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming "Random" Elk Draw

Yeah its pricey, it was second choice. but ive never hunted wyoming before, so paying for an adventure, a good one i hope. I wanted a chance to hunt wyoming before to old, not many options in the east. I ll never draw a va. tag. Beaglegun how did your hunt go? Any suggestions for me im not too proud asking for help. Please me if you do . Ive got some ideas. I'll be bugging some biologists this week. Homework begins
Pm me. I know where we found elk 2 years ago. Bout 2 mile hike

We have been playing this "random draw" powerball for 5 years now and nobody I know has ever drawn. I'm sure it's real. Did anybody that didnt have enough pref points, draw in the random part of the draw?
Yes. Many times. At least half a dozen times between elk, cow elk and antelope.

Pm me. I know where we found elk 2 years ago. Bout 2 mile hike
Thanks will do! I appreciate your help!
Omfg, this is the best thing I've read all day. What a special hunt this year is going to be!!!!
Congrats to both of you! Enjoy your time together! Remember to slow down and take i things slow , cherish every moment with her! Hope you both much success!

I know this isnt what you asked ,but I have a question. How do you if you are successful in the draw? What does it look like in your wyoming account ? Other states i apply states cleary you are successful or unsuccessful. Thanks for help and congrats to those that drew a tag!

You get an email that contains a link to your results. You click it, takes you directly to the results without logging in. Here is what mine looked like for the South non-res region.

1716311309150.png

If you missed the email (got deleted or Spam filtered), you can find it on your WY dashboard once logged in

1716311480082.png

Question about the random draw, do only first choice applicants get in or are second and third choice applicants in it as well? Trying to do math and I can’t seem to find that answer.

Question about the random draw, do only first choice applicants get in or are second and third choice applicants in it as well? Trying to do math and I can’t seem to find that answer.
You can just look at how many tags are available and how many first choice applicants there were. If there were more first choice applicants than tags available, than no second choice applicants would have drawn the tag.

As are reduced price tags but that's not the "Random draw" he's referring to. For that draw only unsuccessful 1st choice applicants get put in

That’s what I’m asking about. Hypothetically, 400 tags, so 300 in preference points, 100 go to the random. 500 1st choice applicants, 300 get tags on preference points, then the remaining 200 1st choice applicants go into the random draw for the remaining 100 tags. None of the 2nd or 3rd choices end up in that random draw? Does that sound right?

That’s what I’m asking about. Hypothetically, 400 tags, so 300 in preference points, 100 go to the random. 500 1st choice applicants, 300 get tags on preference points, then the remaining 200 1st choice applicants go into the random draw for the remaining 100 tags. None of the 2nd or 3rd choices end up in that random draw? Does that sound right?
Yes that's correct.

I drew General Elk South with 3 points this year. Regular priced. 5 points is what was required for 100% chance. Excited to hunt Wyoming for the first time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back