Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Elk Draw

The reports are the party app average and that is why there are brackets for <# because the group had an average between two point levels.

So if you see that 2 people drew at the <10 point level, that means that one guy could have had 9 and the other 12. Their average would have been 10.5.
How does <10 (less than 10) equal 10.5. That’s starting to sound like MT draw stuff

Each person in are group has two cow tags. 4 guys 8 tags
Hmmm I didn't know someone could draw multiple cow tags. I assumed you could draw a cow tag (full price or reduced price) and a bull tag in the same year. Didn't know 2 cow tags were possible

Hmmm I didn't know someone could draw multiple cow tags. I assumed you could draw a cow tag (full price or reduced price) and a bull tag in the same year. Didn't know 2 cow tags were possible
It is. But if you are chasing points, or antlers, the full price cow tag will also reset your preference points to zero unless you draw the type-4 tag as a second choice. My assumption of what beesting's group did is get their full price antlerless tags as their first choice because there weren't many units that had that many type 4 tags go as a second choice. But that's just a guess.

It is. But if you are chasing points, or antlers, the full price cow tag will also reset your preference points to zero unless you draw the type-4 tag as a second choice. My assumption of what beesting's group did is get their full price antlerless tags as their first choice because there weren't many units that had that many type 4 tags go as a second choice. But that's just a guess.
We drew the full price cow tag in the second draw. Just got lucky a few tags were left for the second draw.

What scares me is that each general tag had 2-5x as many unsuccessful NR applicants as there were total tag quota. And that doesn’t even count how many sat out and just bought points. Which means point creep is going to get worse. It’s less creep and more full-on failure at this rate.

I’m sitting on 7 points. I started building points while living in lesser Chicagoland, dreaming of going elk hunting some day. Then I moved to Montana and kept up with it in the hopes of drawing a quality hunt someday- or maybe a party application with my dad or brother so they could experience a decent hunt.

This makes me afraid that anyone just getting into hunting is going to lose any realistic opportunity to hunt elk in their lifetime. I would gladly give up my points if it meant everyone got an equal shot at the tag. But I would very much like some value from them- such as a discount towards any tag I draw, since I’ve been pre-paying.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back