Wyoming PPs & cow tags?

efw

I know that PPs don't come into play in the antlerless pronghorn draw, but do they in the elk draw?

My son has 2 points and I was thinking about putting in for an area 7 cow tag.

This is the 3rd time I've seen this topic in about 3 days.

Type 6 and 7 tags do NOT use points and are a straight up random draw. Cow tags are about $300.

Type 4 and 5 cow tags DO use points if you put that down as your FIRST choice. Many of the non resident type 4 and 5 tags can be drawn as a 2nd choice though which if you did that, then you would NOT use your points. Points are only used for your first choice.

You would have to look at the random draw odds tables to figure out your odds. Here are the type 4 and 5 cow tag odds: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/Drawing Odds/DRAW_ELK_RD_NONRES_2016.pdf
Here are the Type 6 odds: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/Drawing Odds/DRAW_ELKCC_NONRES_2016.pdf

Clear as mud?

Sorry for the repetitive post; thanks for the information it's exactly what I needed!

Hey no problem. Glad it helped.

So where you at in Michigan? I lived near Ann Arbor for 4 years and just moved last summer.

I am in the greater Grand Rapids area... I am on the SOLID red side of the state ;) and been here all my life in spite of threatening to move to Rapid City or Salt Lake City every fall :) !!

I am in the greater Grand Rapids area... I am on the SOLID red side of the state ;) and been here all my life in spite of threatening to move to Rapid City or Salt Lake City every fall :) !!

Rapid city? Perhaps. Salt Lake city? Not at gunpoint.

I've been hunting in the western area of Wyoming around the town of Jackson. I know that late season cow elk hunts around the refuge are good but what about early season? Any suggestions would be great for that area

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back