Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Elk Results

I applied for a GEN tag as second choice in the special draw. I believe last year it was about 70% chance. Wondering what the odds will be this year as I know a lot of others are doing this more.

***If you don't draw your first choice in the Special Draw, it's been a 100% chance for quite some time that you'll draw the General tag as your second choice. Even a few people got it as their third choice last year.That may change down the line with people now touting that tag as a good way to go hunting in about 50 different units all over Wyoming.

Last edited:
Wyoming elk results

***Where are you seeing that, as it's uusally on the ticker near the top and it's not showing anything right now on it or anywhere else?
It is on the Wyoming F&G web site. Just watch it for awhile and you will see it come around.

Yep, I went back on and found it down in the larger area where they were touting the raffle tags. Looks like everyone will be hitting the website at 10AM Mountain time on Monday for their results.

Pretty bummed out here. We had 1 pref point and didnt draw the general tag. Over 80 percent chance to draw and we missed it. I am really, really bummed out. There goes my chance to go elk hunting this year.

I think back to what Randy says. You will run out of health before you run out of money and 2014 is a year wasted.

MNElkNut,

All it not lost man you could always do a OTC MT, ID, or CO hunt and have just as fun of a hunt!!

Pretty bummed out here. We had 1 pref point and didnt draw the general tag. Over 80 percent chance to draw and we missed it. I am really, really bummed out. There goes my chance to go elk hunting this year.

I think back to what Randy says. You will run out of health before you run out of money and 2014 is a year wasted.

There is more than 1 way to hunt elk you know. Just because you didn't draw your general tag in WY doesn't mean you can't hunt elk this year. You can buy a general tag in Montana. OTC in Colorado. Leftover or cow tag in Wyoming. Not to mention Idaho. You still have plenty of choices if you want to hunt elk this year.

Heck if that doesn't work then buy a deer tag for the area you were planning on elk hunting so you can scout the area and be ready next year when you draw the tag.

Crazy, just drew Bighorn area, type 1, on random draw...

Nice, should be good hunting this year. Due to a lot of early snow fall I think I the success rate was pretty low last year. A lot of elk were down on the face on private land before the season even started.

There is more than 1 way to hunt elk you know. Just because you didn't draw your general tag in WY doesn't mean you can't hunt elk this year. You can buy a general tag in Montana. OTC in Colorado. Leftover or cow tag in Wyoming. Not to mention Idaho. You still have plenty of choices if you want to hunt elk this year.

Heck if that doesn't work then buy a deer tag for the area you were planning on elk hunting so you can scout the area and be ready next year when you draw the tag.

I know roadhunter, but we dont have any knowledge of anywhere else. I just dont think my group will go in cold somewhere. I would research the heck out of somewhere and go, but I doubt the rest will. I am trying to stir interest in Colorado.....

Back