Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Elk Results

Baerman

Traditionally the draw results have been posted this week. Good luck! Looks like they took the preference point summary link off the website however I did the link through google and I still have my points. Hopefully this is not an indication of my results.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/drawresults/frmsearch.aspx

Last year it was Wednesday morning the 20th when they were posted.

Usually they list on their site the evening before that they will be posted the next morning though and that's not showing right now.

Well, it's not looking like they are going to be posted today. I was hoping that Wednesday would be the day, the last 2 years they posted on Wednesday, 2012 it was the 21st and 2013 it was the 20th.

Sure glad they aren't like some states and wait for a couple months after the deadline before posting anything.

I'm going to bet heavy on tomorrow morning at 8:00 MST.

Well, it's not looking like they are going to be posted today. I was hoping that Wednesday would be the day, the last 2 years they posted on Wednesday, 2012 it was the 21st and 2013 it was the 20th.

Sure glad they aren't like some states and wait for a couple months after the deadline before posting anything.

I'm going to bet heavy on tomorrow morning at 8:00 MST.

Anyone know why they do elk so early, and wait so late for deer and pronghorn?

Do they do spring counts on them and winter counts for elk?

I believe the only reason is to get first crack at the non-resident dollar. Quotas are not set until well after the non-resident draw, so they use the previous year's elk tag allocations for non-residents. Elk tag numbers traditionally fluctuate much less than deer and pronghorn.

I may be wrong.

Are you able to see if your points have been taken, therefore telling you that you drew prior to results being posted?

good luck to all of you! this is my first time applying for non-res elk

I agree, it will work out nice having the elk draw early so I know whether to apply for deer or antelope this season too... couldn't really afford both tags even though the chances of drawing both would probably be pretty low

Well I'm glad no one wanted to place a wager on when the results were going to post.

Nothing this morning!!

Surely they will post tomorrow?

I think the results will be out next week. The good news about that is I can dream and talk crap for a couple more days. Good luck everyone!

Hoping to draw with my 80% odds.Though I do have crappy luck.Me and my son are in for his first archery elk hunt.I hope he draws and becomes the next elk addict.Thinking of burning my points for deer this year.The legislature out there is doing their best to not welcome NR.I may have to show my appreciation by going south to Co or north to Mt.

I applied for a GEN tag as second choice in the special draw. I believe last year it was about 70% chance. Wondering what the odds will be this year as I know a lot of others are doing this more.

Well crap. Really expected them to be posted by now.

I hope WapitiBob is wrong because I am still showing all my points, although 2nd choice General Tag sure worked out well for me last year! :D

Wyoming NR elk results

Wyoming NR elk results will be on the Wyoming F&G web site Monday Feb 24th.

Wyoming NR elk results will be on the Wyoming F&G web site Monday Feb 24th.

At least they finally posted something. Now I don't have to worry about checking anymore until Monday morning.

I don't know why I get so caught up in checking results. When Arizona and Utah start hitting credit cards over a 2 week period I end up checking my credit card several times a day even though my draw odds are tiny in those states right now.

For Wyoming I don't really want to draw my 1st choice because my buddy that I hunt with there can't get opening day off for the unit I'm applying for as 1st choice this year so if I do draw I'm going to have to scramble a little to find a hunting partner. Yet I've still checked the Wyoming fish and game site at least 2 dozen times in the last week.

Back