Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming NR Elk Results Posted

Haven't elk hunted in WY in a few years. Didn't apply this year. Can someone please explain the elk antler restrictions? Just curious and didn't find anything in a quick search.
Some type 2 tags have antler restrictions such as no more than 4 or 5 points on one side.

Last year, 100-2 had a 5 points on one side restriction but it changed to 4 points on one side before the modify deadline this year. Elk quotas and final Type 2+ definitions are usually not established during the non-resident elk application period (1 to 31 January) and quotas and tag type definitions usually come out in the spring right before the "modify" deadline. With the 100-2, hunters can only shoot a bull with no more than four points on one side. Can be a spike, 3x3, 3x4, 4x4, 4x5, 4x6, etc.

Some type 2 tags have antler restrictions such as no more than 4 or 5 points on one side.

Last year, 100-2 had a 5 points on one side restriction but it changed to 4 points on one side before the modify deadline this year. Elk quotas and final Type 2+ definitions are usually not established during the non-resident elk application period (1 to 31 January) and quotas and tag type definitions usually come out in the spring right before the "modify" deadline. With the 100-2, hunters can only shoot a bull with no more than four points on one side. Can be a spike, 3x3, 3x4, 4x4, 4x5, 4x6, etc.
This is a very good explanation. Well said!

Absolutely.

Looks like total quota for General dropped about 1.75%
Reg PP Draw (general) first choice applicants dropped about -1.8% 6746 to 6624
Spec PP Draw (general) increased about 6.5% 2989 to 3182.

Next year I guess we will figure out how price sensitive people are.

i get
8163 regular
4208 special

Last edited:
My son and I drew cow tags. We met a friend last year while we were up there deer hunting that advised we put in for the tags and he would take us out if we drew. Tags are good Aug-Jan, but I have a baby on the way late Oct/early Nov, so the trip will have to be prior to that. One of these days we will go chase bulls up there, but haven't managed that yet. Good luck to everyone who drew!

I applied for a full price cow elk license, which from past drawing odds I thought was practically a guarantee that I'd draw, even with me having zero preference points. So I wasn't surprised at all when I got the email this morning and it said SUCCESSFUL. But later, looked at the draw report, and it shows my odds in the random was only 20%. Wow, lucky! And my brother got the same tag as we applied as a group. On the preference point side it required 2 points for 100% draw odds.
I’m probably going to burn some points on a cow hunt next season. Call me crazy but I wanna hunt, and I like elk meat more than elk antlers.

Now, if I can just find me a nice rifle with crisp stamped lettering to take my cow elk with 🤔

Last edited:
So I'm kind of an idiot and can't figure out if I got a tag or not...

I click on my user dashboard and under Game Licenses, it says:

Physical carcass coupon license required in the field

But if I click on Draw Applications, it doesn't really say anything, simply that I applied for nonresident elk on 1/29/23.

Anyone know what this means? I assume it means I didn't draw but, like I said, I'm kind of an idiot.

So I'm kind of an idiot and can't figure out if I got a tag or not...

I click on my user dashboard and under Game Licenses, it says:

Physical carcass coupon license required in the field

But if I click on Draw Applications, it doesn't really say anything, simply that I applied for nonresident elk on 1/29/23.

Anyone know what this means? I assume it means I didn't draw but, like I said, I'm kind of an idiot.
You should have got an email with a hyperlink. Click on that and it’ll take you to a landing page where there will be a tow that says draw results. If you drew the tag will be there with successful next to it.

Welcome to HT.

Successful drawing the 100-2 tag!
Congrats! There’s a ton of cool stuff to see out there and you can find elk in a really cool diversity of places from a geology perspective.

I’ve sat above thousands of acres of maze like hoo doos out there and heard bugles come out of there. I can’t believe the elk are in some of places that I’ve seen and heard them in, and how consistently they’re there.

Congrats! There’s a ton of cool stuff to see out there and you can find elk in a really cool diversity of places from a geology perspective.

I’ve sat above thousands of acres of maze like hoo doos out there and heard bugles come out of there. I can’t believe the elk are in some of places that I’ve seen and heard them in, and how consistently they’re there.
Thanks for sharing that. I am a total geology geek so incorporating geology side-trips would be an important part of my hunting travel plans. Disappointed to see that the trilobite quarries (bucket list item for me) will likely be closed for the season by the time elk season comes around. Didn't know that there were hoo doos in this part of Wyoming but there is plenty of time to do the geology planning. I will definitely be adding a few days to the trip to investigate rocks/fossils /minerals. Any good rock shops in that area? Please do send me a pm if you have any geological recommendations.

Thanks for sharing that. I am a total geology geek so incorporating geology side-trips would be an important part of my hunting travel plans. Disappointed to see that the trilobite quarries (bucket list item for me) will likely be closed for the season by the time elk season comes around. Didn't know that there were hoo doos in this part of Wyoming but there is plenty of time to do the geology planning. I will definitely be adding a few days to the trip to investigate rocks/fossils /minerals. Any good rock shops in that area? Please do send me a pm if you have any geological recommendations.
sounds like a summer vacation/scout trip opportunity.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back