Wyoming 15 Elk PP's

PaLuke

Hello everyone, I have 15 PP's for elk and I'm looking at hunt 100-2. I'm using TopRut and the Wyoming fish and game site trying to find an easy terrain hunt which I can draw with a fairly high success rate. I'm 67 years and not in very good physical condition, I actually took a heart attack hunting mule deer north of Thermopolis a few years ago that ended with a helicopter ride to Casper. Anyway, I read that 100-2 is a max 4 points on one side and that's fine because the hunt fits the bill for me. I was just wondering if anyone has any other ideas about a lower elevation, soft terrain hunt. Archery or rifle is fine and could go with either. Thanks for your time. Take care.

Hello everyone, I have 15 PP's for elk and I'm looking at hunt 100-2. I'm using TopRut and the Wyoming fish and game site trying to find an easy terrain hunt which I can draw with a fairly high success rate. I'm 67 years and not in very good physical condition, I actually took a heart attack hunting mule deer north of Thermopolis a few years ago that ended with a helicopter ride to Casper. Anyway, I read that 100-2 is a max 4 points on one side and that's fine because the hunt fits the bill for me. I was just wondering if anyone has any other ideas about a lower elevation, soft terrain hunt. Archery or rifle is fine and could go with either. Thanks for your time. Take care.
I wish I could help, but I'm not familiar enough with that part of WY. Good luck! You'll get lots of advice and opinions.

100-2 would fit your hunt needs. But those elk do get chased around hard it's not as easy hunt as many portray. We hunted there a few years ago on the type 1 tag. It was more challenging than we anticipated I guess. If your mobility is really limited it may not be as easy as you think.

100-2 would fit your hunt needs. But those elk do get chased around hard it's not as easy hunt as many portray. We hunted there a few years ago on the type 1 tag. It was more challenging than we anticipated I guess. If your mobility is really limited it may not be as easy as you think.

Did you rifle or archery hunt? I'm also looking at 24 but that seems out of my reach with 15. Thanks for the reply.

Here is a short write up maybe you can get something from the thread.

Here is a short write up maybe you can get something from the thread.
Thanks for the information.

What about 124? A friend had the tag down there a few years ago. Lots of driving and glassing from the road. He made a short stalk and shot a decent bull. I don't know how many points it takes, however.

What about 124? A friend had the tag down there a few years ago. Lots of driving and glassing from the road. He made a short stalk and shot a decent bull. I don't know how many points it takes, however.
Low odds at max points.

I'm thinking 100 might be my best option but I'm open to any suggestions. I'm going to start calling wardens and biologists right after Christmas looking for some help also.

If you have help 100 might be a good hunt for you, there are lots of 2-tracks and you can do a lot of glassing from the road to locate elk, but that's the easy part. It could likely still be much harder to kill one than you think, much of that unit is wide open country with very little cover for a stalk.

Last edited:
Lots of generals and low point units where you can shot one from near a road. Time devoted will be your biggest factor not unit if your looking for any bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back