Wyoming deer Special draw odds??

'23 vs '24 nr Elk apps, from the demand reports

2023 special 8762
2024 special 6147

2023 regular 19934
2024 regular 21005
About 1500 less applicants in 2024, didn't see that coming. Also about 30% decrease in special apps, more than I expected, will be interesting to see how people seeing odds for this year affects next year.

'23 vs '24 nr Elk apps, from the demand reports

2023 special 8762
2024 special 6147

2023 regular 19934
2024 regular 21005
Interesting that the elk special dropped 2600, but they didn't all go into the general?
30% drop in the special for elk, would have to think it would be much more for deer/antelope?
I'm still trying to decide if I should roll the dice for a random special antelope. It's a whole lot of clams for a prairie goat though.

I suspect a lot of people are redeeming their points and walking away with no intentions to come back. Much easier to walk away when you're point balance is at 0 and you're not staring at years of sunk costs. That, plus rising costs and point creep. I may do the same with my deer points one of these years.

I suspect a lot of people are redeeming their points and walking away with no intentions to come back. Much easier to walk away when you're point balance is at 0 and you're not staring at years of sunk costs. That, plus rising costs and point creep. I may do the same with my deer points one of these years.
I predict your idea of "a lot" will not move the needle at all on permit applications.

I predict your idea of "a lot" will not move the needle at all on permit applications.
Haha, "a lot" is a relative term, isn't it? I agree it won't be enough to counter point creep any time soon, but 1,500 applicants lost in the elk draw last year isn't nothing, either.

There are a lot of point builders out there for sure. But people are no doubt leaving the game slowly. It's gonna take some time.

Ah... Trying to predict people. Good luck. Whatever the next hot thing on the internet I'd just bet against it. "Everybody burn your points!" Save em. "Everybody unit blah blah is the place to go!" Go elsewhere. "Points are a scam!" Buy em.

Point being just go against the grain and you'll fair better.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back