Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Would you rather...

2rocky

With all other things being equal, would you rather hunt an area with:

Poison Oak/Ivy or Prickly pear all over it?

Poisonous snakes or Poisonous spiders?

Black Flies or Mosquitoes?

Im not a big snake fan i think i would take my luck with the mosquitoes but then again it would depend on the snakes you could always wear snake chaps

Have hunted in all of those areas and I'd take Prickly Pear over Ivy, snakes over spiders as you can wear chaps like we did in south Texas, and mosquitoes because at least you can hear them coming, LOL!

I'd take Prickly pear, spiders and mosquitos.

My top 3 least favorite things that annoy me in this world are 1. Bears 2. Snakes 3. Wind. Pretty sure the Creator could of done it all without those 3 things being added :D

I would do Posion Ivy and bugs over snakes any day. I hate snakes!

Even with snow on the ground and I see a snake like object, coiled rope for instance, it makes me jump. It a phobia I wish I could shake!

Good Thread!!

oak-ivy/snakes/mosquitoes
that is assuming thermacell works on the mosquitoes if not i change to flies.

With all other things being equal, would you rather hunt an area with:

Poison Oak/Ivy or Prickly pear all over it?

Poisonous snakes or Poisonous spiders?

Black Flies or Mosquitoes?

None of the above, but I'll continue to hunt Texas anyway.

I will hunt in all of them i have to, but the poison oak seems to react with my skin pretty good!

many years ago we took a big shot outfitter from the USA hunting buffalo up north. We took a boat and pulled into our first fly camp on a river with the boat still on the trailer, after a couple beers and dinner we all rolled out our swags and went to bed anywhere flat and cosy and about then we noticed old mate drag his bed roll over to the boat, throw it in and jump in the boat to sleep up off the ground...boy did we give him chit the rest of the trip...too many crocodikes, snakes and spiders he reckons...admittedly come the end of the trip he was running around bare foot without a care in the world like the rest of us..didn't get eaten by a salty and had no close calls with wriggle sticks..and shot a few bulls

Last edited:
Hunted all the above. I'd rather go back to Hawaii. None of the above !! And there's alot of good hunting on those islands !

Axis Deer, Blacktails, Pigs, Turkeys. Mouflon, Spanish Goats, not to mention the birds that nobody even cares about, and all on public land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back