Wolves or German Sheperds?

Byrmoore that post you posted shows everyone seeing this how he conducts himself on social media. It's what I was referring to in my first post. Just rubs me the wrong way. Now with walking away without any kind of lesson learned, he will become more cocky about what he does.

Look at the fool...a deranged version of Gilligan with a flat brim.

Any shock the freak killed a couple dogs?

Dog lovers are their own worst enemies, just this year I had a fawn of the year come screaming by me with 2 aussies in hot pursuit. Deer had it's tongue hanging out and everything. Through the valley and over the next ridge.

If they didn't kill it that day, I wonder if the fawn will make the winter?

No where near the first time I've seen this..................I'm starting to think I should just start shooting as well. Every dog lover always says it's not their dog. Horseshit.

Dog lovers are their own worst enemies, just this year I had a fawn of the year come screaming by me with 2 aussies in hot pursuit. Deer had it's tongue hanging out and everything. Through the valley and over the next ridge.

If they didn't kill it that day, I wonder if the fawn will make the winter?

No where near the first time I've seen this..................I'm starting to think I should just start shooting as well. Every dog lover always says it's not their dog. Horseshit.

I am not a dog lover. I don't have dogs. I like dogs. That is only partly what this is about. The bigger picture is that this kid took a shot and hadn't identified what he was shooting. Then he did it again. Irresponsible crap like that is not okay. It shows a lack of character on his part and makes hunters look bad. I can see giving him a warning for the first dog, maybe. The second dog? That kid shouldn't be able to get a hunting license for years.

Just because you are in the woods with a gun does not give you a license to shoot anything that moves.

I am not a dog lover. I don't have dogs. I like dogs. That is only partly what this is about. The bigger picture is that this kid took a shot and hadn't identified what he was shooting. Then he did it again. Irresponsible crap like that is not okay. It shows a lack of character on his part and makes hunters look bad. I can see giving him a warning for the first dog, maybe. The second dog? That kid shouldn't be able to get a hunting license for years.

Just because you are in the woods with a gun does not give you a license to shoot anything that moves.

What if they were actively chasing deer?

Signed dog okayer, not lover or hater.

I don't have a license to kill dogs. Would you kill a wolf, big cat, or bear chasing a deer?

So a non-natural deal such an unsupervised and unloved domestic dog has the same standing as a natural predator in the environment?

Not even close, like I said, dog lovers are their own worst enemies. Much like a vegan.

He is a douche for not knowing what he shot. However, the fact that the dog "owners" where not there, nor showed up within minutes after he shot them pretty much prove the dogs needed to be removed anyway.

So a non-natural deal such an unsupervised and unloved domestic dog has the same standing as a natural predator in the environment?

Not even close, like I said, dog lovers are their own worst enemies. Much like a vegan.

Having a rifle in the woods does not mean you get to shoot things just because you want to. If you get your jolly's off by killing something just to kill, you and I will never come to an agreement here.

He is a douche for not knowing what he shot. However, the fact that the dog "owners" where not there, nor showed up within minutes after he shot them pretty much prove the dogs needed to be removed anyway.

So we agree on the point that he is an unsafe hunter for not identifying his target. Still, if the dogs are feral, it is not his, or your, job to remove them. The law likely says the same.

My only thing is that if I had a dog and I was out shed hunting, if my dog ran off, maybe chased a deer and I didn't know he had a compultion to chase deer so I didn't have him on a leash or e-collar. Maybe he gets a mile away. I'm not minutes away from him. I'd be pretty pissed if someone shot my dog.

In this case, don't know if you read his story of what happened, he came back to his pack and the dogs were laying beside it. Not chasing game. Just laying beside it. That doesn't sound feral to me.

I sent him a message that whether he feels justified or not, its doing the hunting community no favors by him posting pictures of dead dogs shot by him. He needs to think of the bigger picture and not just whether killing the dogs was right or wrong. It just looks bad. I see this morning he has remove those pictures.

Nothing wrong with killing a dog that is chasing deer.

If I was out on the woods and returned to find two dogs laying on my backpack I definitely wouldn't shoot them. And if for some reason the circumstance was such that i did, I wouldn't post it for my 16k plus followers to see

But then again, I wouldn't shooot a 4 point bull in a spike only area either.

Nothing wrong with shooting feral dogs chasing deer.

Thats not really what this is about though. Go check out the posts if you have IG.

This guy is just your next fame seeking, social media douche bag (with a prior elk poaching conviction) that will do or say anything-regardless of the kind of image it gives hunters (as you'll see when you go look) to get more followers for his little website, or hat sales, or youtube channel or whatever the flat-bill wearing, supplement snorting shed hunters do.

Largely agree with MTGomer here.

People with dogs: Has your dog ever chased a deer/elk/antelope? I have black lab that chased a young antelope for miles just last year. I can think of a couple instances where she chased deer too. Just got enticed on a hike and took after them. She's 11 years old and I can think of 3 instances in her life. Not behavior I appreciate and she has paid for it when I have finally got a hold of her. My point is, if I saw a dog chasing a deer, I'd try to get the dog to stop, understanding that sometimes chit happens and dogs misbehave. Restraint on the trigger may be prudent even if pulling it is justified. Could somebody have shot my lab one of those 3 times and been justified? Maybe, but that wouldn't have made it not B.S. If a dog truly is feral and out on the landscape raising hell, then I'm all for killing it - cats too. Maybe cats especially :)

From a consequentialist's point of view, this douchey guy is an enemy of hunters.

My only thing is that if I had a dog and I was out shed hunting, if my dog ran off, maybe chased a deer and I didn't know he had a compultion to chase deer so I didn't have him on a leash or e-collar. Maybe he gets a mile away. I'm not minutes away from him. I'd be pretty pissed if someone shot my dog.

In this case, don't know if you read his story of what happened, he came back to his pack and the dogs were laying beside it. Not chasing game. Just laying beside it. That doesn't sound feral to me.

I sent him a message that whether he feels justified or not, its doing the hunting community no favors by him posting pictures of dead dogs shot by him. He needs to think of the bigger picture and not just whether killing the dogs was right or wrong. It just looks bad. I see this morning he has remove those pictures.

Mostly agree with this and some of the other posts that walk in the grey area of legality verses morality. Bottom line, I think we would all feel differently if he had just followed the three S's or at least not posted the pictures. But as others pointed out he went for the notoriety of it and got smacked down. I personally find it less offensive than some of you but its not the kind of stuff hunters need to be involved with for sure

We need to get back to talking about less divisive stuff like politics!

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back