Wild West Custom 7mm-08 ?

konasage

I recently came across a Wild West Custom Anchorage Savage 99 in 7mm-08. It is stainless with composite stock and a fluted barrel. Does anyone out there know what something like this is worth-ish , and do you know what kind of trigger WWC usually puts on their custom guns? Thanks. Hopefully I can get a pic soon.

Sorry my wiseassery got the best of me. Seriously though it just sounds like an odd combo. I'm not sure there is too much long term value in build like that and could be currently overpriced because of the TV show.

I echo both of Mr. Young's posts. When I think of a custom 99, stainless and flutes are not what I envision. This is more like that I envision...
Empire209920Carbine20RH.jpg

I'm looking at the practical aspect of having composite/ stainless and lighter for high country hunts. That is for sure a pretty gun but I wouldn't want to lug it up the mountain in the rain and snow.

My initial question was...what is something like this worth-ish. Bueller...Bueller Pointer what would you value yours at today?

That's not mine, just a pic I poached off the net.

For a composite/stainless + lighter rifle I'd be looking at a bolt first and a single shot next. Fewer moving parts. As far as what the rifle you found is worth, I can't say, but I wouldn't give too much for it ($500). As it doesn't really ring my bell. Might be worth a call/email to WWG to see what it would cost to reproduce it or what they sell it for to get a ballpark figure.

My initial question was...what is something like this worth-ish. Bueller...Bueller Pointer what would you value yours at today?

No more than $600.

All collectible value has been eliminated, not sure you'll get the velocities you'd want or could get out of the cartridge based on the platform and pressures you'd want to run. If it trips your trigger, go for it. Just realize that there will be limitations.

The one pointer posted has at least $1000 worth of wood on it. Get rid of that newfangled scope and put a Weaver 2.5X, Leupold Pioneer or Lyman Alaskan on it and it at least looks right. :D

Another thing to think about will be cartridge overall length. Not sure what the magazine restrictions are on a Savage 99, but I doubt you could load the higher BC bullets in it without seating them deep into the case.

Is it a singe shot, or a lever action with tube magazine?[/QUOT

99's are lever guns with rotary actions. Awesome rifles. But the one the OP speaks of is an abortion of an American Classic. I wouldn't piss on it if it caught fire. I can't even imagine a stainless and synthetic 99. Makes me want to vomit.

It really is hard to put a price tag on something like this because there are a lot of factors. That said, I love customs, but it sounds like they've done too much to an American Classic.

If you want a light weight rig I would seek out a Remington 700 Mtn rifle. I bought my wife a 7x57, and put a Ti take off stock on it and was all in for $750 (though the standard stock would have been fine, saving me $150). A 700 mountain in 260, 7-08, 7x57, 280, 308 or 30-06 would be a solid choice for around $600.

Wood and Blue makes no sense in the snow and rocks.... I want to use my gun not look at it. $1000 worth or wood is worth about 10 bucks if you drop it.

Wood and Blue makes no sense in the snow and rocks.... I want to use my gun not look at it. $1000 worth or wood is worth about 10 bucks if you drop it.

Yep. If you like the looks and can live with the shortcomings of the platform then go for it. Just know what you're getting.

Guess I should have known better, people have personal issues and relationships with firearms that render them unable to break from a mold. oops....

Older ones had anInternal magazine, not a detachable one. The older one's also had a brass round counter on them. The newer ones had a detachable magazine on them IIRC.

Guess I should have known better, people have personal issues and relationships with firearms that render them unable to break from a mold. oops....

Post the pic when able, sounds interesting to me.

.... it has to look better than an Encore.;)

Gotta be careful when posting a 'does this dress make my azz look big' query.:D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back