Why I want Broncos to win and Tebow to succeed

Buckeye- Worse than losing 4 of 5 and missing the playoffs is giving up draft picks for Carson Palmer. The only upside to not making the playoffs is they don't have to give up as many draft picks in the future and they really didn't have a chance at going very far into the playoffs.

I would also disagree about playing starters. I would agree if it was pee wee league but at this level they are paid to play. Hurt feelings aren't a part of the picture anymore. Patriots did however quit running up the score. I believe they could have put at least two more touchdowns on the Broncos without putting much more effort in. I've seen worse in the college ranks. I believe Ohio State has been guilty a time or two of running up the score.

Teblow(sorry, still bitter about last week):

Attachments

• 409388_350172558329064_100000089697866_1496874_1887805090_n.jpg
    409388_350172558329064_100000089697866_1496874_1887805090_n.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 156
drahthaar I can't believe I would misinterpret this...wanting to have it happen and just laughing my ass off when it happens is a lot different. :rolleyes: It doesn't look like they were running up the score...Donkeys just couldn't stop anything defensively and couldn't do anything offensively. Pretty tough to second guess the coaching style of someone who wins as much as Belicheck. I guess you would make better decisions on the sideline. BTW- I'm a Raiders fan and have a lot against the Patriots going back to the tuck rule. I still never laugh when a player has a major injury and don't think anyone really deserves it...I guess it's just part of my character.

"Pretty tough to second guess the coaching style of someone who wins as much as Belicheck. I guess you would make better decisions on the sideline. "

A 500,000.00 fine after he got caught cheating. I guess some people would think that was a good "coaching style" but I hope I would make better decisions on the sideline than that.
I don't watch NFL football anymore, just catch the scores now and then. Didn't even watch last years superbowl. I liked Belicheck and New England when I watched football. Till they got caught.

...and bible phobes everywhere take off their kevlar kromers and breathe a sigh of relief.:D:rolleyes:

MattK,

You know damn good and well, if you have ever watched a day of football, ANY coach would be pretty well skewered if something happened to his "Tom Brady" level QB when he was in the game with a 35 point lead in the 4th quarter.

And yes. Laughing at stupidity is a lot different than laughing at someone's pain. If you can't see that, then whatever, question my character all you want, again, I don't give a shit, I am definitely not snow white like you.

Mattk,

Raiders fan eh, that explains quite a bit. Seems like most raiders fans have some deep seeded problems anyhow, its ok, just because the thug-life crowd didn't make it to the playoffs you don't have to be hostile.

Tebow's first year looks better that Elway's, you might remember that guy? One of the best QB's of all times and OWNED the p.o.s raider convict nation. Facts hurt sometimes.... oh yeah and the only soph QB to win a Heisman plus 2 National Championships is probably going to do o.k. Just because he doesn't claim to be a gang member or own a dog-fighting ring or shoot people and get away with it (insert Raven linebacker here) or need sub-titles to understand what he is saying (know what Im sayin), we shouldn't discount him as worthy of a role model. (outside of oakland) of course. RELAX

That being said, The Broncos got their ASSES KICKED last night....

Surely wasn't all Tebow's fault just like when they win.

MattK,

You know damn good and well, if you have ever watched a day of football, ANY coach would be pretty well skewered if something happened to his "Tom Brady" level QB when he was in the game with a 35 point lead in the 4th quarter.

And yes. Laughing at stupidity is a lot different than laughing at someone's pain. If you can't see that, then whatever, question my character all you want, again, I don't give a shit, I am definitely not snow white like you.

relax draht, Matt's just singing the verse he's told to sing.:cool:

Buckeye- Worse than losing 4 of 5 and missing the playoffs is giving up draft picks for Carson Palmer. The only upside to not making the playoffs is they don't have to give up as many draft picks in the future and they really didn't have a chance at going very far into the playoffs.

I would also disagree about playing starters. I would agree if it was pee wee league but at this level they are paid to play. Hurt feelings aren't a part of the picture anymore. Patriots did however quit running up the score. I believe they could have put at least two more touchdowns on the Broncos without putting much more effort in. I've seen worse in the college ranks. I believe Ohio State has been guilty a time or two of running up the score.

Yes they are paid to play, and a lot of money at that. Precisely mine and the majority's point. Brady is highly paid to win games and if he gets hurt late in a game (especially postseason) that is already long won, then he wont be able to play next week. Its an unnecessary risk and if anything pee-wee players WOULD play all game regardless of score cuz if they get hurt no problem. And as to the Buckeyes running up the score occasionally, id like to see statistics and even if you find them idc because I dont root for em because they have good character, i root for em because i went to school there. I have no control over what the coach does or when they decide to pull starters but I will tell you that my Packers played all second stringers the WHOLE game against Detroit because playing the starters is an unnecessary risk right before the playoffs. Its just common sense man and if you ever played sports or knew anythng about them this would make sense but i guess you are a Raiders fan so this doesnt apply.

Buckeye- Not sure what being a Raiders fan has to do with anything but if that's your argument...sounds good enough. As far as starters in the game...it's the playoffs. If it were a meaningless game during the season or a pre-season game...I would pull the starters. During the playoffs it's just a different set of rules. I don't know if I've ever seen a coach pull starters in the playoffs or super bowl. I know the biggest rout in Superbowl history (broncos vs 49ers) Joe Montana, Rice, and Craig stayed in the game with a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter...no one ever questioned Bill Walsh. Bottom line, Brady never got hurt so it's a mute point. I still wouldn't want to see him get hurt even in a rout.

Konasage- I have no clue what you were reading but I didn't say ANYTHING about Tebow...But you were eloquent in your arguments and I'll take all of what you say under consideration if I ever write something about Tebow.

Matt,

Your example is the 49ers and the SB??? The LAST game of the season?? Do you know there are no more games left after the SB??

fowladdict- how about 24-2 in the fourth with your starters still in? That was the Giants score this year. Giants also have 31-3 lead in the 4th with starters all in vs. Bears (with Jeff Hostetler). Again Giants vs 49er with Phil Simms as QB played the entire game (49-3). Joe Theismann played well into the 4th with a rout playoff game also as well as Mark Sanchez. In fact, I couldn't find hardly any playoff games that a backup took over during a blowout. Any examples of a playoff blowout that the starting quarterback was taken out?

Bills vs. Raiders Jim Kelly never left the game...score 51-3. Even at that time, never thought about Kelly not being in and I didn't want to see him or Thurman Thomas get hurt.

Matt,

Too funny!! I didn't mean to make you waste your time looking up all of those stats. Just found it funny your argument was a super bowl. I honestly can't think of any NFL playoff gmes. I do know in college football when the score is that out of hand nearly every weekend you see a coach pull his starters.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back