Who is going after Wyoming Antelope?

Taking my brother archery hunting for the 'lopes Sept 20-23.... then the rifle comes out Sept 24 & 25. I'll be hunting archery (doe) 'lopes.

Camping in the Rochelle Hills in Unit #27. Stop by... say HI and have a beer.

good luck to all
the dog

I went last year and sure I wish I was going again this year. Good luck to all and shoot straight.

No tag this year, but should have a trophy hunt next year.

I just got back from a short spin through the eastern part of the state and it looks like they generally have had pretty good rain. There should be some good animals, but they are going to be scattered due to lots of water holes. Right around Douglas was still pretty dry, though.

Will be taking my grandson to unit 74 this year for his first hunt west.Started getting him p-points when he turned 12 for ant,deer,and elk,he is 15 now,he drew tag with 3 pts,I didnt apply so I can guide him and not keep him out of school too long,he is all fired up,we cant wait. Good luck everyone.

No tag this year, but should have a trophy hunt next year.

I just got back from a short spin through the eastern part of the state and it looks like they generally have had pretty good rain. There should be some good animals, but they are going to be scattered due to lots of water holes. Right around Douglas was still pretty dry, though.

hey sbhooper,
I'm hunting north of Lusk. Did you happen to make it up that way? Just wondering about how dry it was.

I am headed to unit 21 in Wy. Really excited and a little nervous. This is my first antelope hunt and I am going on my own.

If you want to go, Saddle up! meeting MN PUBLIC HUNTER (Garret) and Cushman up there the last weekend of September. PM me if your serious!:)

sounds like a party brewing to me!! LOL. My group will be in Laramie the last weekend of Sept till the 5th or so of October. I'd buy a round for the hunt talk guys. . .Cushman might be able to find us a "dance club" ;)

hey sbhooper,
I'm hunting north of Lusk. Did you happen to make it up that way? Just wondering about how dry it was.

I think that area is pretty good. From Cheyenne to near Douglas looked real good. I talked to a local outfitter in Douglas and he said that around Douglas was real dry, but just north (where he hunts) has been real wet and the mountains got lots of rain. I returned through Lusk and I think they did OK, too. The horn growth should be fairly good. Are you in area 9?

sounds like a party brewing to me!! LOL. My group will be in Laramie the last weekend of Sept till the 5th or so of October. I'd buy a round for the hunt talk guys. . .Cushman might be able to find us a "dance club" ;)

Well Cushman rakes in the singles during antelope season!:rolleyes:

If any of the speed goat'ers want to slip a cowboy state res some inside info if you happen to bump some birds (huns, sage boomers, chuks) feel free to do so......just saying.

I'm the Ron Jeremy of Hunt Talk....lol

LOL. well Ron, any good spots to visit in Laramie? We tagged out last year and then played "Japanese tourist" up in Yellostone etc. didn't visit any of the local establishments. . .well besides the doughnut shop on the main drag. . .great doughnuts and fine looking lady in the little curbside coffee shack!

Back