What's your goal for 2013?

To enjoy my first trip to Colorado and my first Elk hunt with my brother and a few friends.......bagging an Elk would be a bonus.

Girlfriend drew a bear tag here in WI ,filling that is goal #1. Taking her 2 brothers on their first out west hunt and giving them n opportunity to fill there tags is goal #2

Want to get the 9 yr old g-son Kolter on a whitey this fall. Also should know shortly if Colorado good fortune smiles on the elk tag app's I sent in for my buddy Craig, Ken Jr., Stephen (SIL), and myself for first rifle. It will be Kenny Jr.'s and Stephen's first elk hunt.

My main focus will be to help my 10yr old daughter get her first deer, and my 13 yr old nephew get his first deer, anything after that is all gravy, but am hoping for another nice bull in MT and try and hold out for a Mule deer instead of the first nice Whitetail I see.

2013 Goals : Draw my bear tag, and chase one all of September. Hook up with Skeet20, if he draws, and get him on a nice buck in November! Last, maybe take the kid to Nebraska and shoot a dow deer with his new rifle.

More time in the field with my kids. My 8 y.o. wants to take her first squirrel and keep the tail. Its good for her to have goals. HAHAHA

I have a couple:

1. Take my first elk (hopefully during bow season), and in the process avoid my 4th helping of elk tag soup.

2. Take one of the three whitetail bucks I had coming through my back yard last winter that all should be somewhere around 150" this year.

Otherwise, I am just going to enjoy hunting season in general.

Still have a few applications outstanding and most of them would be a lotto type win if I drew so not expecting much on that end.

For elk, I have a Wyoming General Tag and what many would consider a mediocre New Mexico tag in a unit I've never stepped foot in before so spending some time in the mountains is going to be my main goal on both of those. The first branch antlered bull I see within shooting range better be pretty nervous on either of those hunts!

I drew a bottom end New Mexico deer tag and probably about the same standards on that hunt as well, the first legal animal I see better be pretty nervous.

My wife and son will go to Wyoming with me so that generally becomes as much of a family vacation as a hunt, although it is tough to take a break when you are in the mountains with an elk tag in your pocket. Usually after the first couple days we will do a morning hunt and an evening hunt and come back to camp to hang out with the family around lunch.

Would like to take my son hunting more on my place here in Texas, so far he isn't as excited about being out with me as I would have hoped. Will try to make it more fun for him.

Kill my first elk. Also this will be the first time hunting with a bow, so I'm looking for my first bow kill as well.

Honestly, being a realist I'll be happy if I ever get to full draw with an elk in front of me. If I actually shoot and kill an elk, it will be icing on the cake.

General elk tag, DIY public backcountry style.

Shoot a buck in a new unit, shoot my first cow elk in New Mexico. 3rd year is the charm hopefully on Javelina! Maybe chase a fall bear. All in all Spend a lot of time outside.

Have to see what the draw says. If it is all good ( a slim chance) that would be a RFW tag for the boy and 2xelk and deer tags for me along with a Lope RFW. I want to be out as much as possible (those tags would be three seasons for me) and fill the freezer as much as possible. A great bonus would be to help my buddy fill an elk tag (he is from TN) this year in the high country!!

- when not in woods spend quality time with my wife and daughter and hopefully get them to do some light camping and building some memories. I would like my daughter to shot her first gun may just be a BB gun but just get her started.
- for me it will be a safe and hopefully successful trip to western Wyoming for muleys and elk, my first hunt for either and doing it solo in backcountry! No matter the game harvested I know the memories will be amazing but a good elk steak and some antler sure would be nice for all the time money and dreaming I have put into this 2500 mile each way trip!
-win lottery to pay for more of above ....

here are a few of mine:
1. get my first bow kill on an elk.
2. get home in time from elk hunting for my wedding!
3. get my future wife her first critter in the form of a deer.
4. move to Great Falls, Montana in october

Just a pure fair chase elk hunt in Wyoming. Sleep in a tent and hike out every day looking for any elk. Pack it out on my back and when I get home butcher every piece of it. I hope to do that every year for as long as I physically can.

That's an easy one... make sure my dad has a hunt he'll never forget when he comes to join me in Montana this fall. If he puts a bull on the ground it'll be the highlight of my hunting career no doubt. I wouldn't mind getting my first archery bull either, but he'll be the shooter until his tag is punched.

Back