Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What happens when you die?

Cool picture. Glad to know hunters were “long arming “ even WAY back then!! Just kidding of course and that is seriously a neat photo
Notice that my left elbow is bent and almost to my side. Not sure if I could have held the rack much closer without climbing inside. It's sitting on a fence corner post so I couldn't stand directly behind it, hence the extended right arm. That bull missed B&C by less than four points.

Notice that my left elbow is bent and almost to my side. Not sure if I could have held the rack much closer without climbing inside. It's sitting on a fence corner post so I couldn't stand directly behind it, hence the extended right arm. That bull missed B&C by less than four points.
I know just making a joke(poorly 😂) very cool picture and a nice bull

I hope my son will want to keep at least some of the ones he knows meant the most to me. He can sell the rest and hopefully do something nice with the money raised

I'd hope my kids keep anything they want or whatever. They should sell whatever mounts they can, since restaurants, breweries etc. buy old taxidermy. And finally, think I'll have it put in my will that all euros, skull caps and the cut off antlers of any mount they can't sell be distributed deep in the oak woods for the squirrels to chew on.

Random aside: My grandfather passed a few years ago and when my grandmother is ready I'd like to see his one deer mount hopefully go to my dad, the only hunter out of seven children. Deer is a whopper by Florida-in-the-80s standards and the mount deserves a new cape. I just think it's a mount worth holding on to.

I have decided that I am going to salt the Custer with the antler collection just to give the next generations false hope.

Seriously, I would like to think that a museum would like the collection, but the reality is my wife and son will likely be selling it off to the highest bidder.
The big whitetail I found as a kid is going to B&C to be use to help train future OM's.

Here’s the question, say you grow up going to some local establishment in your town… restaurant/bar/hardware store whatever. The place closes and they are getting rid of everything for free.

The place has a ton of taxidermy, moose, elk, sheep, caribou, etc. Couple BC deer, 330 elk… stuff like that.

Do you take anything? You have no idea who shot it or the story.

To that end I have a old sheep mount from a lodge our family owned, no clue to the origin other than it was in the bar for 50 years. I’m not sure what I want to do with it.

So yeah no one cares about your taxidermy.

Anyone predicting a crash on the sales price on antlers in about 20-30 years as old horn collectors start to die off and their families flood the market? Lol, May not be the cash cow some think at the time.
I’ve thought about that some but it seems prices just keep going up. Average run of the mill stuff may go down but big or unique stuff will always have a value I would guess. The dog chew market is especially crazy.

I’ve thought about that some but it seems prices just keep going up. Average run of the mill stuff may go down but big or unique stuff will always have a value I would guess. The dog chew market is especially crazy.
So it might be worth buying old trashy bar mounts on the cheap and chopping them up because I don't personally care about them? @wllm1313 let's start a business lol

Is that picture some sort of art deco project for a museum? Or is that great whitetail really looking up at the ceiling?
Cripes...the tidy side of me is twitching. ;)
That’s the work in progress part of the garage.

Reactions: JCS
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back