Weatherby's big move

Great news for the company, Got out of California. Wyoming should be estatic, good company. Hope more companies follow!

Not sure a bunch of relocated Californians ever improved a place, but good news for the local economy.

I agree, but in this case these Californians will fit nicely into the Wyoming holy trinity: Coal, Guns, Freedom. The shop will be about 5 mins from my house so maybe I should post update pics as they build.

Nice I'd jump all over that move. I will assume part of this move and the reason Cali lost this company is the gun regulations being pushed along in Cali yes no?

Nice I'd jump all over that move. I will assume part of this move and the reason Cali lost this company is the gun regulations being pushed along in Cali yes no?

Yes, sounds like it. Also corporate tax rates in CA vs WY help tip the scales, too. They also cited some other reasons, but unfriendly regulations and steep taxes put some big wind in the sails, I believe.

Last edited:
Yes, sounds like it. Also corporate tax rates in CA vs WY help tip the scales, too. They also cited some other reasons, but unfriendly regulations and steep taxes put some big wind in the sails, I believe.

So basically your saying the Democrats that control EVERYTHING in California have created a hostile work environment for Weatherby? :rolleyes:

Bet the employee's are excited about a more firearm industry friendly environment. Not too mention leaving all the leftwing nut-job wacko's and they're politics that have destroyed California

Us native Californians, yourself included, refer to them nut jobs as the eastern locust. They migrated west and ruined a once perfectly good state.;)

Us native Californians, yourself included, refer to them nut jobs as the eastern locust. They migrated west and ruined a once perfectly good state.;)

Bingo!
I lived in Atascadero (Original home) & near the Paso plant. For 45+ yrs.
Had a "Welcome to California,Now Go Home" bumpersticker on my truck,sitting next to the Park entrance I worked @ as a Park Ranger.
Used to be the best place in the world to live. Hunt & fish. Rural. Good folks.
Most of CA was.
Until all the idiots that came to CA to visit Ditsyland and never left, ruined it.
I knew Weatherby senior. He was a buddy of a rancher friend.

Bet the employees jump if they can, or want to move from an almost perfect climate. Homes must be a fraction of what the New Napa is.
Quality employees are not found on trees....got many trees in WY?....lol
Someday I will own a Weatherby 30-06.

Last edited:
They have trees in wyo, most of them carry phone and electricity from house to house...and most lean to the east.

I saw some blown over during a typical below zero winter day in Sheridan once at a gas station. Almost went on my ass on the ice when the wind hit....Locals said it was a nice sunny day.

Bingo!

Had a "Welcome to California,Now Go Home" bumpersticker on my truck,sitting next to the Park entrance I worked @ as a Park Ranger.

Someday I will own a Weatherby 30-06.

I remember those bumper stickers in the 80's! Yep the carpetbaggers like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, etc sure have ruined what was once an outdoors paradise! Still hard to believe the state grew by 20+ million people since 1970. I left 26 years ago when I joined the Army and feel like a complete foreigner now when I visit, everything has changed from when I was a kid, especially the politics which is why I cant support anyone with a "D" behind their name. California is a prime example of what you get when they have total control.

Have two Weatherby 30/06's, a Mark V and a Vanguard and love em both, don't wait just do it!

So basically your saying the Democrats that control EVERYTHING in California have created a hostile work environment for Weatherby? :rolleyes:

Well, I didn’t phrase it that way, but now that you mentioned it... yes. I think that’s exactly what I said. I’m sure the liberal politicians blame those heartless, tax-dodging capitalist pigs, though.

Bingo!
I lived in Atascadero (Original home) & near the Paso plant. For 45+ yrs.
Used to be the best place in the world to live. Hunt & fish. Rural. Good folks. Most of CA was. Until all the idiots that came to CA to visit Ditsyland and never left, ruined it. I knew Weatherby senior. He was a buddy of a rancher friend.

I grew up a little south of there in Santa Ynez, the Central Coast was a great place to live for a long time, we hunted and fished all year long. I almost find it hard to go back to visit now with how much those areas and the state have changed...

Last edited:
Well California is trying to double the corporate tax rate because they hate the tax changes brought about by the Trump administration. In other news they are also trying to make it a criminal offense for a waiter to offer you a straw a restaurant. The wacked out liberals are out of control in this state, but they love the reputation they have gained and there are no changes in sight.

I grew up a little south of there in Santa Ynez, the Central Coast was a great place to live for along time, we hunted and fished all year long. I almost find it hard to go back to visit now with how much those areas and the state have changed...

Spent a year and a half in Santa Maria. Explored all the surrounding area in all directions. I enjoyed the area, but there weren't any elk so I came back to Montana. mtmuley

As a weatherby guy this is awesome, cant wait to take the short drive to visit them. I see a new Mark V deluxe rifle in my future with Sheridan Wyoming stamped on it! It makes so much business sense for them.

Welcome to wyoming!
Chris

Spent a year and a half in Santa Maria. Explored all the surrounding area in all directions. I enjoyed the area, but there weren't any elk so I came back to Montana. mtmuley

You just never went inland or up the coast.
Lots of Tule elk from 166 in SB Co.,thru SLO Co, to Monterey Co. & the Pinacles .Tons of turkeys & wild boar.Had Tule elk @ Santa Margarita Lake when I worked there. Good luck getting a tag.
I'd fish the rocks or surf off Hearst Castle land & have Rockies bugling in the hills.
Fished for steelhead in the creek running thru our place & blacktails were always around. 2 mi from SLO.

I'm going to find a Mark V 30-06 in maple from the Atascadero plant if I can.
My avatar pic is a Tule cow about 40 mi from Paso.

Last edited:
Back