Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Weather Forecasts

Southern Elk

What's your most trusted source of weather forecasts before heading into the mountains for a few days?

All of the internet sources. Look at several forecast to see what the trend will be. Accuweather, TWC, Don Day, and the local news weather from down in Denver, they have more experienced meteorologists for our Wyoming weather. The mountains are tricky though because they can influence the fronts and storm movements.

the Delorme InReach now has weather and it worked great for me when I was off the grid this year. Was nice to get up to the date weather and see the rain and snow that was coming.

I usually use the Weather Underground website if I'm bow hunting anywhere near the Missouri River Breaks. It gives the estimated precipitation total by hour, which is pretty nice to know for that area.

My neighbors arthritis, then how many flocks of geese I see heading out

NOAA for me, particularly how you can click on any spot on the map. I will also check wunderground and a few other sources at times to make sure they match up.

the Delorme InReach now has weather and it worked great for me when I was off the grid this year. Was nice to get up to the date weather and see the rain and snow that was coming.

I have an inreach, but have never used that function. I need to check that out.

Weather Underground. The adjustable radar is really nice. A lot of paving contractors use it to predict paving schedules.

I have found that the Weather Channel app tends to be off by 180 degrees on the wind. They will say south east, and when I get on stand it will be coming from the north west. Since I am only 6 miles north of town, and there are no significant geographical structures between here and there, it should not be that far off.

I have an inreach, but have never used that function. I need to check that out.

Just make sure your unit is up to date they added the feature this year and it will load a option for this. It costs you a message but worked very well for me. Was nice to see the forecast 3 days out of a snowstorm coming and how much rain where looking at.

NOAA is where all the other sources get their info.... LOL
Navy & AF have their own sat. system but they all run their models thru NOAA system .
Navy models & NOAA have been most accurate forecast in my life experience. FS 3rd.

Just make sure your unit is up to date they added the feature this year and it will load a option for this. It costs you a message but worked very well for me. Was nice to see the forecast 3 days out of a snowstorm coming and how much rain where looking at.

I will check it out. I bought mine this year on sale from REI. It could have been an older model.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back