Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pure hell

Man, that is a wild story. Congrats on an absolute slammer of a bull.

Know I wasn't there or anything... but with a decent breeze channelized by that topography, there are a bunch of spots to get an M-7 with 250 pounds of meat out of there. Just shoot me a PM with a lat/long and I'll proof of concept it for you lol
I can assure you that there absolutely are not, lol

What an amazing story and lovely pictures! Congratulations, and thank you for sharing.

We quartered out his caribou quickly, keeping a watchful eye out just in case a bear felt attracted to the scene. After an hour or so, we loaded up heavy packs and began the mile and a quarter trek back to camp.

View attachment 291333

View attachment 291331

Now at this point, we had multiple trips down to the river potentially staring us in the face. We figured realistically we could do one round trip per day. I was hopeful I could find a spot to land up top, at least with an empty plane, but I was preparing for a reality in which that wasn't feasible.

About a quarter mile from camp my buddy said "there's a bull" and pointed across a drainage. He kept walking, as he had shed some of his meat and the antlers partway through the packout and knew he had a second trip to make. I told him I wanted to look at the bull through the scope and that I'd meet him at camp.

View attachment 291334

View attachment 291335

He was a giant, but with one bull to pack out and uncertainty about just how difficult that would be, and a sense that I didn't want the hunt to be over on Day One, I decided to leave my gun on my pack.
Awesome write up and amazing bulls! Congrats!

What kind of camera setup did you take these pics with?!

And if my buddy and I don’t have some crazy suck at some point, it just wasn’t a hunt. Not sure why that would test a friendship. Essential part of a good story.

Terrific location and write up. I never saw Boone and Crockett mentioned but if he nets over 400 he s in the book.

Terrific location and write up. I never saw Boone and Crockett mentioned but if he nets over 400 he s in the book.
Post 47- spoiler, you'll be pleased!

@Poke 'Em - missed this the first time around. What a hunt! Thank you for sharing!

Awesome write up and amazing bulls! Congrats!

What kind of camera setup did you take these pics with?!

And if my buddy and I don’t have some crazy suck at some point, it just wasn’t a hunt. Not sure why that would test a friendship. Essential part of a good story.
iPhone, hell if I'm carrying my DSLR up that mountain

Back