Turkey season

174in

is just around the corner here in wisconsin.I drew a tag for the second season the dates are like April 11-april16 or something like that.

I have a lic for Md and Va.

Just got a shot of Cortisone in my left knee

I've had the left knee scoped 4 times and the right 2 times, the left has been causing me pain the past 3 months so instead of scoping it again I told the doc just shoot it.

I Feel Good ! Bring on Turkey season ! 2 years ago I had the right knee scoped and the left knee got a shot of Cort and I went to SD to hunt turkeys 3 weeks later. That was fun with the hills they have out there.

I drew a second season tag for the first time and really thought it was a bad deal missing the opening week here in AZ. We are getting plenty of rain and snow so this year the second week will probably be the best pick. Can't wait to call in a bird first day.

We'd best be careful talking turkey on here. Some of these guys might start snoring. But, what the heck, put'em to sleep...
I've been out scouting on several occasions so far... As much to just get out and get some exercise as anything else, but I have spotted several birds at a distance on more than one occasion. And the numerous tracks and other sign that I've found have indicated that the birds are healthy and holding to their yearly patterns in the areas where I hunt.
I haven't heard any "turkey talk" as yet, but they should start gobbling in a couple 'o weeks or so... It would help if the weather would warm up and dry up a bit. This year has been really wet, and we haven't had the warm spells sandwiched in between storms like we usually get. But the numerous mud holes make finding tracks a lot easier, don't you know...

We'd best be careful talking turkey on here. Some of these guys might start snoring. But, what the heck, put'em to sleep...

Started reading this earlier... fell asleep.

Just woke up and broke my dream about a flock of turkeys trying to give me a cortisone shot in my wee knee.. :D... Dirty birds...

Saw three nice Toms on the way in to work this morning - they were swiping bird food off someones front lawn. Didn't have a camera, nor a gun... so I can't share pics or sandwiches.

Bo, what did the little turkey say to the big turkey ??

Only one Grand Adventure planned this year...me and a bud from MO will take three friends who do not have their Merriams to the plains of SD presuming we get left over tags which is almost a sure thing.
Same bud is coming by to spend the night on way to taking 3 who don't have their Osceolas near the end of March---thought about going with them but got some and am saving money.
Otherwise, I will just hunt TN, SE MO, NW GA and probaly NE AL.....
Hate draws for turkey....glad we got a few down here that are on your general big game license or OTC...

It's close..........NWTF banquet in Boise Saturday night.....again I'm the emcee, be there or be square.
Got my new Dave Smith decoy in the mail yesterday......starting to twitch a bit!
WD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back