PEAX Equipment

Top 5 guitar guys

AZ402

1-Jimmy Hendrix
1a- Eddie Van Halen
2-Joe Walsh
3-Jimmy Page
4-Joe Satriani
5-Prince (creepy yes, pulled more hot wool than the rest of us combined though)

Honorable mention: Randy Rhodes & Brian May.

My list:

1- Toy Caldwell (Marshall Tucker Band)

2- Stevie Ray Vaughn

3- Eddie Van Halen

4- Angus Young

5- Rick Rattlesnake Medlocke (Blackfoot)

DD I am impressed that you know Vince Gill is amazing.

Cody Canada- Plays lead while he sings
SRV-nough said
B.B. King- Blues are amazing
Brad Paisley
Keith Urban
Phil Kaegy-Gotta love the Acoustic
Doyle Dikes-Once again Acoustic brings out the men

I have to say my view is a little tainted though because I play, and imitate styles because of it.

D-Dave good call...forgot about Rittenour's jazz play...add George Benson.
Yep to Paisley, Urban, Gill & a bunch of country studio pickers.
John Mayer & Joe Bonamassa get mentions.

Top five currently (repeat)

Clapton
Walsh
Vaughn
Monte Montgomery (amazing)
Henry Garza (Los Lonely Boys)
#6 can't leave out Pink Floyd's David Gilmour

AZ...as for Prince & the wool...Carmen Elektra's ticket to the show but I still think he's a reach-around rump pygmy.:D

Sreekers, oh yeah... Vince is incredible. One play of a live cd I have of him told me all I needed to know about the guy. I make it a habit to pick up old vcr tapes and cds of all the guys I mentioned and pratice my bass chops along live with them. Some of my neighbors think I'm nuts and the rest think Clapton stops by to jam every once in a while.
I would have included Jimi Hendrix, but I saw him live once and he really sounded bad. He was beyond brilliant in the studio, though.

Jimmy Page
Jimmy Hendrix
BB King
Eric Clapton
Stevie Ray
Dave Gilmore

What, nobody has mentioned Robin Trower yet ? Don't tell me I'm the only one who remembers "Bridge of Sighs" ?

Here's my list:

1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Jimmy Page
4. Eddie Van Halen
5. Joe Satriani
6. Eric Clapton
7. Jeff Beck
8. Carlos Santana
9. Robin Trower
10. Randy Rhoads
11. Frank Marino

If you don't remember Randy Rhoads, he was Ozzy Osbourne's lead guitarist on his first solo album Blizzard of Ozz. If you've heard the song, "Crazy Train", you know how good this guy was.

As far as country artists go, I agree with Brad Paisley and Keith Urban - those guys play a mean guitar!

KP

damn, santana didnt make anyone's list!
i think he would make the top five.

and what about Slash?
dude rips it up ! he'l make that sumabitch talk !

Robin Trower is great, but I think he gets overlooked as another English Hendrix clone. He uses the exact same stompbox Hendrix used in the studio.
Speaking about English guys, how about:
Garry Moore
Peter Green (early Mac -before he went nuts)
Mick Taylor
A few more American dudes:
Chet Atkins
Les Paul
Peter Frampton (he's a citisen now)
Steve Hunter
Johnny Winter... damn -how could I forget him?
John Schofield (Really, everyone should listen to this guy.)

You guys ever seen Junior Brown?
He's a freakin phenom on the guitar, if you get a chance to catch him live it's a do not miss show!

Hendrix
Van Halen
Joe Satrioni
SRV
Kenny Wayne Sheppard
Joe Bonamassa (who is this? if he comes to your town you need to see him! total shredder! young guy with 3 #1 billboard blues albums)
Steve Via
Chet atkins
Glen Cambell (yes, he was a studio axe before he hit it big on his own but made a hell of a name for himself as a studio rent-an-axe for many big names/
If you guys have high speed i can email you a live Hedix song by Joe Bonamassa, live is the best way to judge a axe man. PM me if you want. I think he plays it so much better than Hendrix even did.

Bonamassa's a stud & you can still hear him cheap.

Seen him 5 times in 4 years and never paid over 20$ Best money spent because he plays small shows and you are always up close enough to see him bend shit around to make the sound. He is going noplace but to the top.
If you guys like SRV and KWS, you need to see this guy. He takes old Blues and puts a hard rock edge on it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back