Top 5 guitar guys

Another talented player that has yet to be mentioned is Steve Earl. I got to see him in a small club before he got bad into drugs. He played for over 3 hours. In the middle he gave his band a break and played some acoustical songs. One was song he was working on and played a mandolin for it. The song was "Copperhead Road". Great show!

BHR thats why I included Thurrogood. I saw him first at SDSU years ago. The band took a 45 minute brake and Ol' Lonesome Goerge just kept on playing. He did something like a 4 hour set, none stop.

I'm sorry, and I may be on everyones hate list for a while, but I for one am glad the 80's are over. The music all started to sound the same, and the one hit wonders were bad. There were some good musicians, but man the trashiness of the era just drove me nuts.

...I agree it sounded fairly homogenous but it's still better than 90% of the current crap.

Big Sky...ditto on Malmsteen...freaky ability but sounded dischordant to me.

YOu guys ever hear of Andres Segovia, Jose Feliciano, or Charlie Byrd....or is this strictly about rock and roll?

:cool:

BSky-
Oh and btw the MarvB I was glad to see you list Steve Morse he is one of my absolute favorites!
Yep boy could ROCK...surprised that AZ402 didn't pick him up on his list just for the color.....he's into purple you know! ;) :D The Dixie Dregs were out this way just last month hump

First off I'm suprised at the flexibility of the number 5. :confused: Lots of good guitarist, lots of great guitarist mentioned but very few genius guitartist mentioned. Unless of course you look at my list.:D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back