NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Top 5 guitar guys

Zakk Wylde needs some love. I seen him play the national anthem at an Ozzy concert...wow.

Rock/Blues

SRV ( Best Ever for me)
Eric Clapton (Nuff Said)
Jimi Hendrix (Who they all would like to be)
Jimmy Page
Angus Young
Carlos Santana ( I believe he is legal cj)
Buddy Guy

Country
Junior Brown (Yes he is awesome on stage;) )
Willie Nelson ( Hey I think he does great)

Jazz type

John McLaughlin
Roy Buchanen

Can't really argue with any of the talent posted here so far (maybe with the exception of Stan's mancrush on velour boy Prince :D ) I've kinda broke mine down by decade...probably 'cause I've seen a few...

90's
John Petrucci
Kenny Wayne Sheperd
Marty Friedman
Mike McCready
Vito Bratta
Zakk Wylde

80's
Eddie Van Halen
Jason Becker
Joe Satriani
Steve Morse
Steve Vai
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Yngwie Malmsteen

70's
Angus Young
Carlos Santana
David Glimour
Duane Allman
Jimmy Page
Richie Blackmore
Tony Iommi

60's
Eric Clapton
Frank Zappa
George Harrison
Jeff Beck
Jimi Hendrix
Keith Richards
Pete Townshend

Course a lot of these guys bridged multiple decades...

Yeah...but Schmalts is a snappier dresser....

True, They'd have to fight in their cushed velvet pants and lace boxing gloves.

I've noticed Jose hasn't posted a top five yet? I'll take the liberty to do it for him.

1-Estaban
2-Estaban
3-Estaban
4-Estaban
5-Estaban

True, They'd have to fight in their cushed velvet pants and lace boxing gloves.

I've noticed Jose hasn't posted a top five yet? I'll take the liberty to do it for him.

1-Estaban
2-Estaban
3-Estaban
4-Estaban
5-Estaban

Most likely, due to it's commonality, the guitar fails Jose's high cultural entertainment standards. Probably more of a flautist or cellist afficianado.

280, on the other hand, must be a banjo picker fan.

1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers Band
3. B.B. King
4 Eric Clapton
5 Robert Johnson
6 Chuck Berry
7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
8 Ry Cooder
9 Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin
10 Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones
11 Kirk Hammett of Metallica
12 Kurt Cobain of Nirvana

You guys ever seen Junior Brown?
He's a freakin phenom on the guitar, if you get a chance to catch him live it's a do not miss show!

Invented the guit-steel in 1985...from AZ's stompin' grounds...Cottonwood, Arizona.

...can play the heck out of it.

Good mention on Mark Knopfler...one of the cleanest fingerpickers out there. Chet Atkins was a big fan of Knopfler.

I'm not as educated as some of you on the subject, but I thought Billy Gibbons would make somebodies list. Dude is bad-o.

I agree with MarvB except I would replace Yngwie Malmsteen with Randy Rhoads. Yngwie Malmsteen was mostly about speed to the point of being annoying sometimes. Randy was much better all-around type of player. Somewhere on one of these lists I think Alex Lifeson should get some mention he doesn't exactly suck by any stretch of the imagination. Oh and btw the MarvB I was glad to see you list Steve Morse he is one of my absolute favorites!

Wow, how could I forget:
Dicky Betts... &
Eric Johnson.
and does anyone remember UFO's guitarists name? -unbelieveable.
Ah, got it: Michcal Schanker (sp?)
Nut, good call on Roy Buccannon (sp?)

That would be Michael Schenker of UFO and MSG. Man did he rock. His brother Rudolph isn't too shabby with The Scorpions! Man, the 80's were awesome!!!!

I'm not as educated as some of you on the subject, but I thought Billy Gibbons would make somebodies list. Dude is bad-o.

Ahhhh... Who could forget the great Reverend Willie G and the Great "Pearly Gates!

I'm sure you know who or what the "Pearly Gates" is. I know the correct grammar is "are", but Pearly Gates is singular.

Carl perkins

Nils Lofgren

Richie Blackmore

Mark Knopfler

Carlos Santana

honourary mentions, Slash {Guns&roses} and Edge{U2}

I'm sorry, and I may be on everyones hate list for a while, but I for one am glad the 80's are over. The music all started to sound the same, and the one hit wonders were bad. There were some good musicians, but man the trashiness of the era just drove me nuts.

I can't believe that I forgot about The Edge. He is amazing, not on his solos but simply his creativity. He mastered the delay pedal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back