Too many annoying ads...

Gunner - you have some sort of malware issue going on. We have this site pretty locked down for ads. There are no pop up ads being served. I checked with our ad serving groups and they confirmed we do not have any pop-up ads.

I think the guys gave you some good advice. I have just tried, IE. Chrome, and Firefox and not a single occurence of what you describe.

I hope you can get it fixed.

I just logged onto this site for the first time in a while on my PC, I don't get any pop-ups but the "my2013rewards" add on top and on the right side that flashes blue is just as bad as BenLamb stated about inducing seizures. I don't think I will ever go to this site again on except on my tablet just to avoid this. It is AWFUL!

strobe.gif

To those of you who are experiencing advertisement problems, the next time you see them, please post a screenshot (assuming they are of family-appropriate content. If they aren't, they are most definitely not affiliated with this site.). Knowing what is being advertised and in what fashion might give us some more clues about what is going on.

To those of you who are experiencing advertisement problems, the next time you see them, please post a screenshot (assuming they are of family-appropriate content. If they aren't, they are most definitely not affiliated with this site.). Knowing what is being advertised and in what fashion might give us some more clues about what is going on.

My desktop and laptop are just fine for advertisements. My galaxy smartphone is flat out terrible to view ONLY Hunt Talk.

The only ad that conflicts is the Amazon one. If I tap on my private message link below the Amazon ad, I am redirected to Amazon. It is not another tab, it leaves hunt talk completely. I have to immediately tap the back icon. This includes tapping on threads. I found if I tap as far to the left on a thread title as possible, I am able to avoid the Amazon dread. If I tap the back icon 2-4 times, it will allow me to view my private messages otherwise, Amazon, Amazon again... and again.

Like stated, desktop, laptop great. smart phone that I use frequently almost unusable for only hunt talk.

Just sharing my experience.

My desktop and laptop are just fine for advertisements. My galaxy smartphone is flat out terrible to view ONLY Hunt Talk.

The only ad that conflicts is the Amazon one. If I tap on my private message link below the Amazon ad, I am redirected to Amazon. It is not another tab, it leaves hunt talk completely. I have to immediately tap the back icon. This includes tapping on threads. I found if I tap as far to the left on a thread title as possible, I am able to avoid the Amazon dread. If I tap the back icon 2-4 times, it will allow me to view my private messages otherwise, Amazon, Amazon again... and again.

Like stated, desktop, laptop great. smart phone that I use frequently almost unusable for only hunt talk.

Just sharing my experience.

You go to Amazon because you're actually tapping the amazon link. Your phone is laying add panels on top of one another. I had the same problem on longrangehunting hunting. Don't who fixed what, either the site was updated for phones or the phone was updated for the web code but it all works now.

You go to Amazon because you're actually tapping the amazon link. Your phone is laying add panels on top of one another. I had the same problem on longrangehunting hunting. Don't who fixed what, either the site was updated for phones or the phone was updated for the web code but it all works now.

Interesting. I stopped visiting this site with my phone about a month ago. After reading your post, I gave it another shot. Well, I'm in the same boat as you. All works now. I've tried just about everything that I can think to trigger the problems I had visiting this site before and everything works. My faith in humanity has been restored. Haha!
Thanks Wapitibob. :)

Odd, my Motorola Droid X still has problems with the Amazon redirects unless I'm extra carful when clicking on a link. Like I have to zoom in and click the link to avoid going to the Amazon site.

It drives me crazy! At this point I'm contemplating driving over to the Amazon distribution center and punching one of them in the head.

Maybe my phone is too old and I'm just complaining about a "first world" problem.

Dalbo I'm guessing it's your phone. I did remember having the problem on this site too but all is working now. I did swap out my Droid for an iphone like a year ago but I don't remember exactly when everything started working right. If you're passing by, stop in at the Verizon/ATT store and log in from one of their demo phones and see if your old phone is the issue.

Just in the past 10 minutes my phone is getting pop-ups everytime I click on a new thread. It's either one for a Marine TV show or one for Aflac. Reset/restarted and it's still happening.

Not the end of the world, but thought it's worth sharing.

Screen shot:
CE700B74-33EF-472D-8B4B-C8EBC717B8EA.png

I just started getting them also. That's what I get for silently judging the browsing habits of those who were complaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back