Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Too many annoying ads...

MTGunner

I am aware that to keep this website up is necessary to have advertising. Yet, I try to login to this site only to be bombard by pop up ads, flashing blue ads, ads that have priority and interrupt my attempts to type in my login information. The ad that pops up on the lower right side of my screen has to be disabled in order to have a full viewer screen is highly annoying. Another ad will pop up at the bottom of my screen appears much too often. This is way too much. MTG

Gunner
If you use the google chrome web browser and install adblocker plus it should help. This is what i use and I don't notice any ads popping up. Search for adblocker plus and download the plug in if you are using chrome. I also think it works for firefox.

I use noscript with firefox. It takes a little getting used to - you have to individually allow each site/program to run, however, it can prevent harmful scripts from running.

I don't hardly ever have any popup ads at all and I don't think I have any ad blockers or anything. Doesn't bother me.

Thought I had it figured out on my home laptop but they reinfiltrated with a vengeance. Seems I spend half my time x'ing redirects and navigation obscuring pop ups.

That's curious. I don't have any protections and I've never seen a popup add or any other sort of "aggressive" add. Just the two at the top and two or three along the side.

The flashing blue ads are fun. They give me & the dog those seizures that keep the wife in stitches. :D

Just the ones along the edge for me, no popups. I'm running standard firefox.

Perhaps Randy could create a subscription page option for you. How does $19.95 per month work?

Running Googlecrome and no pop ups. Plus I like the ad options it shows me.

I think you might have a possible malware problem. Download malwarebytes from CNET.com, use the free trial to clean up your computer.

My amazon searches follow me around from sight to sight. It tiped my wife off on her Christmas gift. Other than that chrome runs pretty clean for me now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back