PEAX Equipment

Time to show off 2005...

mtmiller

...and make $20 hopefully. ;)

I am sure everyone knows how great DaBomb did in '05. :rolleyes: Once again we took the first place honors in the Fantasy Hunt. :rolleyes: Anyway, I know there were lots of folks that had a great hunting season and I am hoping to see a recap of season 2005 from everyone.

Someone get this thread rolling with a harvested critter from 2005. I know most everyone has several, but if you could space it out over a few posts and help me make $20 I would appreciate it. ;) I screwed up my gallery, so I have nothing to kick it off. Someone help me out.

Let's roll.....

Dude, I 'd post a picutre or 8, but by the time I was done I think Moosie would owe me about $60... :D

Here's the freak bull I shot this year in CO. I spotted him in the morning of the third day and knew he was going to get a bullet it if I could catch up to him again. Well later that after noon in a snowstorm with viability down to about 100 yards, we slipped in on him and his buddies as the fed across a small opeing. All we could see was this guy at the time, so I raised the rifle and shot. All that was left to do was start gutting. :D

The drag wasn't too bad either. About 5-600 yards straight down hill to the back of the truck... well I think we had to move a log or two, but other than that it was pretty easy. :D Elk hunting in CO is just too easy... Deer hunting was a little tough last year though.

Elk1_81342_original.jpg

Come on lickbags, let's see some critters from 2005.

Getting pumped to chase these guys around in a couple months.

From last May.
P1090665.JPG

But I was with my sons when they killed a dinky buck and with the youngest when he shot a doe.
Show us a pic Nut.

Here's a couple of unlucky does that got 'smoked' with the new muzzy last Dec.

I got to my stand a little later than I had planned. The farm that I hunt isn't that big, like 35-40 acres or so, and the farmer who owns it is 91 and still lives there. Consequently I usually add in a little time to BS with him before I go hunting. He has a tendency to talk your leg off, so I have to plan accordingly... This night I didn't include enough... Anyway I snuck in as quietly as I could and got settled in to my stand. I no sooner was setteled, I spotted a group of 6 does about 40 yards from me, half were bedded the other half were feeding. I though to myself, this is go good to be true. Unfortunately I had no shot at them as there was to much brush in the way.

Eventually they all bedded down. So the waiting game began. I waited for half an hour to 45 min before they got up and started to move around. They broke into two groups of three and started making their way below me and to my left single file down a trail. The first doe stepped into an opening at about 40 yards. I lined up the x hairs and pulled the trigger. Through the smoke I coudnt' see which direction she ran, but the other two does ran off to the left. I figured she nose dived it straight away from me over a little rise where I couldn't see her. I quickly reloaded just incase she showed her self again. I was pretty confidant that I had hit her as she was so close. I was condemplating on if I should shoot one of the others if they were going to give me the chance. I no sooner got another load in and a primer in the rifle, when the other group of three came down the exact same trail... I put up the muzzy again and thought to myslef... Do I really want to deal with two deer? As soon as the big doe cleared the brush, I subconsciencely pulled the trigger...

She ran off to the left for about 20 yards and then started staggering after about 30 yards and fell over dead. At first I thought I had missed, but then I saw a red spot develope on her ribs and then the 'water works' started, and and I knew it was all over but the gutt'n for her...

I lowered my muzzy down, reloaded, and then walked over to the spot where the first doe had been standing. I quickly picked up the blood trail in the snow and it wasn't far, maybe 30 yards, before I found her slumped over a log. The shot was true, right behind the shoulder, and quartering toward. The 245gr power belt was found lodged in the liver flattened out like a pancake. I quickly gutted her and drug her down the hill. I walked back up to where the second doe was laying. She was hit in exactly the same spot and the result was exactly the same. I gutted her and drug her down to where the other doe was laying. Then drug them both down to where I could load them in the truck. I was done hunting with only minutes of light left. Not a bad 'quick' hunt...

P1000591.JPG

Come on peterheads, let's see some more pics.

Here is a Sitka I took on Kodiak last Fall. Hunted with 1-pointer and tnctcb on this trip.
P1130383_149483.JPG

Here is a muley I was lucky enough to get this year.

P1020928.jpg

PS. Miller - Have you had a chance to view the dvd yet? I sent a copy to a buddy in Sheridan the same day and he got his on Monday. If you havn't got it I'll have to see what happened.

Bryce,
Yeh, I got it and enjoyed it. I should have sent it to B-Killin two days ago, but tried to copy it so I could watch it again. I am too stupid to get it copied, so I will pass it along. It is packaged and addressed on my desk right now. It will be on the way back to Boise in a few hours. Thanks for allowing me to see it. You had an awesome year and did a great job of putting the DVD together. Makes me want to start videoing more myself. You were a little shakey after a few of your shots. Guess that means you still get excited and that is what it is all about. :D

Here is a duck harvest and a puppy harvest from last year...enjoy!

Attachments

• ducks 002.JPG
    ducks 002.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 255
  • boys left.jpg
    boys left.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 251
Here's a couple more for you "loosers" to look at... Seriously are we going to have some competition this year in the FH??? I guess I probably better secure a few 'extra' tags before I talk to much smack... :D

Gemsbuck/oryx, taken in South Africa on my 'summer vacation'

Gemsbuck.jpg

Southern Impala, South Africa.

impala.jpg

Lickbags?? Too funny! Miller, why don't you tell us how you really feel. :D

nmtaxi and stanley.....congrats on helpin' the little guys. Can't wait to help mine.

Anyways, was my first year archery hunting, and was unsuccesful on my elk hunt here in WA., but was able to kill a couple critters down in Wyoming.....

Wy.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back