The Roosevelt elk hunt of my dreams...

After 2 weeks, I have a few additional thoughts:
1) I wouldn't wish this hunt on anyone.
2) This hunt was a great weight loss plan, I'm 10lbs down, and probably 15lbs of fat.
3) I understand if Brendan Burns didn't feel like he could adequately prepare for and execute this hunt, or maybe he did, and I just didn't see him.
4) Janis probably picked the best possible bear deterrent given the circumstances.
5) Anyone applying for this hunt is nuts.
6) This Roosevelt hide will cover a king size bed (9'x8')
Screenshot_20231022_004359_Gallery.jpg
7) No one should do this hunt.

2) This hunt was a great weight loss plan, I'm 10lbs down, and probably 15lbs of fat.
3) I understand if Brendan Burns didn't feel like he could adequately prepare for and execute this hunt, or maybe he did, and I just didn't see him.
4) Janis probably picked the best possible bear deterrent given the circumstances.
View attachment 298223
How many pounds of salt did that take?

What an amazing adventure, maybe I'm just still dumb from being young but this hunt still intrigues me and would like to attempt it one day. Thanks for taking us on the adventure, definitely could feel the pain and excitement through the words.

View attachment 298223
Pretty much agree with all those points. I really wish I had it in me to pack out the hide from our elk because that thing was huge and beautiful! Never seen a mane as thick and lush on an elk before

Incredible adventure. Fantastic photos and story, and most of all, just some good ol fashioned grade A suffering. 5 stars.

How many pounds of salt did that take?

What an amazing adventure, maybe I'm just still dumb from being young but this hunt still intrigues me and would like to attempt it one day. Thanks for taking us on the adventure, definitely could feel the pain and excitement through the words.
20lbs including 1st and 2nd salting.

@Bluffgruff are you still picking out salmonberry slivers from your hands and arms? I still am, just did two this morning. Total probably exceeding 100 at this point since coming home.
There is one under my left index finger nail I can't seem to get out, and a few others scattered around that I just found that don't seem to be causing me any trouble, so they might get shed with my skin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back