The Roosevelt elk hunt of my dreams...

I have the same embargo, but with a catch: I am not allowed to apply for a unit in grizzly country, but if friends / hunting partners are going and need help, I can go. I guess the theory is that I'll be less focused on finding and animal and more focused on not being bear food ha

My wife said we should rent an Airbnb near Jackson or pinedale for my general tag. I said great, as long you’re okay with me cutting up an elk solo in dense grizz country…

The results of said conversation are obvious

Amazing adventure!

Just so you all know, I will not be increasing the already small odds of drawing this tag by ever applying. I've lived the adventure enough through @Bluffgruff @seeth07, and MeatEater and while I admire your courage and tenacity, I've come to the conclusion that Ya'll are nuts!
I'll be rooting for you...

From across the strait.

Chasing my own dream Rosie.

Suffering Equally.

With no beasts to help but 3 unexpecting poor souls.

Sleeping behind our own bear fence that was made with your help.

See you in Kodiak for a celebratory beer?

I so want to see more photos of the beer party

Amazing adventure!

Just so you all know, I will not be increasing the already small odds of drawing this tag by ever applying. I've lived the adventure enough through @Bluffgruff @seeth07, and MeatEater and while I admire your courage and tenacity, I've come to the conclusion that Ya'll are nuts!

I so want to see more photos of the beer party
You know, we never did take a photo of the beer we shared but I can assure you it was a gesture well appreciated by my party because after the long day we had returning to town, a beer is exactly what we needed!

Great crazy trip! The hunting looks so cool, the bears sound awful and the weather/wind seems like a pain in the butt. Big time congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back