Tell me about how you trick up a glock & aftermarket barrels etc

88man

What have you guys done? What makes the biggest impact per $ spent?

was thinking about getting a longer barrel for my 20 in 10mm

What do you want to achieve? You can do a lot of stuff to them, much of which you will reap almost no real gain minus it looking cooler.
This. Load it up and shoot it. The add ons are pretty much superfluous.

Have you messed with an RMR? I have a 19 MOS I bought through the Blue Label Program. I put a Trijicon RMR on it....it is no joke.
I've played with them a little bit on both a Glock and a Sig. They are sure nice. Leupold's DPP is really good as well. Wasn't sure what to think of the Sig version. Nice pistols though.

But really, I can't think of much I'd care to do to a Glock besides a laser or night sights. Or upgrade the grip in some way. Glocks are reliable, but I never found them to be particularly ergonomic.

I have quite a few Glocks. This is one of my "fancy" Glock 19's. They look cool and all, but no need to go fancy. First thing I do even before I leave the store is change the stock sights and put Trijicon night sights or Ameriglo. Glock triggers aren't the greatest but they aren't the worst either so I change the triggers and install flat face triggers(my preference). So to answer your question of what makes the biggest impact per $ spent? Sights. then maybe a trigger. glock.jpgglock2.jpg

Trigger and sights.
Dawson sights.
Trigger depends on what I’m doing with it. Mostly I polish the nternals install a Glock minus connector and play with springs till I get the desired results. Some require more work than others.

What do you want to achieve? You can do a lot of stuff to them, much of which you will reap almost no real gain minus it looking cooler.
I agree with this. Tons of things you can do, the majority of which just make it look cool. Most factory pistols are more accurate than most people can shoot them. I would suggest ditching the plastic sights for a quality set of steel ones. Either tritium or fiber optic though.

Good night sights first, I like Heine but lots of other good ones. I like the Glock extended slide and magazine releases also (some come with from factory others do not) Nothing too crazy just help with weapons manipulation. Next would be trigger, you can polish internals pretty easily, lots of YouTube vids on it. I believe you use jewelry polish/paste. Lots of good drop in triggers out there also but they can be pricey and not huge gains over the OEM trigger.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back