Stolen Rifle Recovered 15 years later

Finally shot the rifle. Went as expected, worked flawlessly. Group was a few inches off hand, just bore sighted with the bushnell scope. Will commence with the plan to refinish it, put the leupold scope on it, and hope the quick disconnect rings hold zero. Goal is use it scoped in open country (400 yards or less), and with irons in thicker timber country.

Finally shot the rifle. Went as expected, worked flawlessly. Group was a few inches off hand, just bore sighted with the bushnell scope. Will commence with the plan to refinish it, put the leupold scope on it, and hope the quick disconnect rings hold zero. Goal is use it scoped in open country (400 yards or less), and with irons in thicker timber country.
Pics when done, please. No good gun story can ever be closed with imaginations.

I read this one yesterday, but didn't really think much besides cool always cool to see something actually work out. But I think I'd leave it, it tells this rifles story.. but also cool your redoing it! Enjoy having it back in the safe

Make sure you take pics of the rifle before and after the restoration so it's all documented. Have a picture book to go along with the rifle. And make a gold plaque or have it engraved with stolen on such & such a date and the recovery date.

Make sure you take pics of the rifle before and after the restoration so it's all documented. Have a picture book to go along with the rifle. And make a gold plaque or have it engraved with stolen on such & such a date and the recovery date.
I like the engraving idea, especially since I have some scars to cover up on it. Will put together something picture wise when its passed on to my son.

@Visiting Hunter the main reason Im not leaving it be is because theres exposed wood with no finish from the damage. I plan on hunting in rough conditions so the rifle needs to be as protected as possible. All of my guns end up with scratches, dents, and some surface rust. Trucks too lol.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back