Tag of a life time for an OTC hunt?

bomberdeer

My wife drew a once, maybe twice, in a life time bull elk tag in Nevada - unit 11-115 early rifle. Her odds with 6 points were fair. The unit group produces super bulls every year. The problem is that she'll be 8 months pregnant at the time of the hunt.

As stubborn and as competitive as she is, she thinks she's going elk hunting in November. Her doctor advises otherwise. If she turns the tag in she'll keep her bonus points and gain a point for year, but it may take 6-7 years before she draws again. She'll draw again is the point I try to to make to her. She wants to hunt some sort of big game if she does turn the tag in, so I'm thinking a September general archery OTC archery elk tag in Idaho.

I just want to get her into animals, and I think she'd enjoy she'd enjoy the elk rut experience. She's seen plenty of elk while deer hunting in Nevada, but never has she heard an elk bugle in the wild. Doc says at 5-6 months pregnant, she can get out and hike around, but just don't over do it.

Any tips on zones, and where to just get into animals is greatly appreciated. I've been researching a bit and unit 36a perks my interest a bit. Trophy quality is by no means a priority.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back