Sunglasses

Anymore speed on Costa sunglasses. Interested if guys like the blue or green lenses better. Glass or poly/plastic better? Big investment, but sick of crappy, scratchy shades.

Scott

I got hammerheads by costa with glass and mirrored blue glass. There very durable and always seem to stick to my face unlike other glasses. There not cheap but what isn't. Costas waranty is awesome.

I just need to say this upfront... I'm rather difficult on Sunglasses. Anything with Metal frames is bent within a couple months. Anything without easily replaceable lenses is missing one within a couple months. Anything that can be scratched will be!

Big +1 for Wiley X. Had a pair of them for a year or so with interchangeable lenses. Well... Better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all... Discontinued model, Only gripe, the lenses were too tall for my cheeks. Newer models look AWESOME!!

Next two pairs for me, Oakely Flak Jackets polarized. Love'm to Bits! Lost the first pair after about a year and a half. Current pair is approx 2 years old. Just put my first scratch in them, when I caught a stray Softball to the left eye. It hit hard enough to knock out the lens, blow off both rubber nose pads, create a black eye and drive the lens into my forehead hard enough to leave a 2" long gash; but probably saved my eye in the process. It took that much force to scratch them... that's good enough for me.

Both are seriously tough, good polarization, and quite flexible. Once I finally decide to bench my Oakely's, I'm probably going to spring for a set of Wiley X Valor's with interchangeable ballistic lenses. Just to have interchangeable lenses...

I'm a Maui Jim guy as well - Stingrays. I spare no expense when it comes to my eyes and they're like a relaxing hammock nap for mine. I can attest that they don't float, even when you drop them from a kayak and are tempted to reach out real quick to grab them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back