Sunglasses

dustinf

I've owned the same pair of $20 polycarbonate shaded safety glasses for the past 8 years. Last week I lost them. I'm looking for suggestions to replacement them.

Driving, fishing, all around outdoor use is the priority.

Thanks.

I had a pair of Smith w/interchangeable lenses that lasted ~4yrs and they fell apart... bought em at REI, so took them back and replaced with some Natives, and like them so far.

The last pair was Wiley x Blinks, lasted about five years. Current pair is Oakley Half Jacket, a year and a half and still not satisfied with them. The next pair will be Wiley X.

Berkley polarized from that exotic spectacle shop.....Wal-Mart. Cheap enough that when "borrowed" by one of the kids and then lost, there is no heartburn. Lightweight wraparound design and straight ear design fit large and small head sizes well.

Maui Jim Stingrays, but they don't float when you get knocked overboard, hoping to catch a big brown on the Deschutes River someday that's wearing my old ones.

I've owned the same pair of $20 polycarbonate shaded safety glasses for the past 8 years. Last week I lost them. I'm looking for suggestions to replacement them.

Driving, fishing, all around outdoor use is the priority.

Thanks.

Smith Optics. Great shades. Only way I replace mine is when they fall into the river. Wear them daily.

Even at the Legislature. :D

528779_10151234415548931_1998373176_n.jpg

I'm a fan of the flexible frame, polarized Spy sunglasses.

I've worn my current pair almost every day since 2005, they are light and super tough. They cost around $120 but I think I got my money's worth out of them over the years.

The lenses are getting a little scratched up, I'll probably spring for a similar pair this summer. If I had half a brain I would have bought the replacement lenses while they still made them for this model. I could have got 12+ years out of them.

It looks like they offer them in Realtree camo....Hmm tempting.

IMO, the thing about some decent brand sun glasses is their customer service. I have crushed Maui's twice and they sent me replacements, no questions.

Costa Del Mar, cant beat em. They are awsome, if you break them just send them back and usually only have to pay shipping.

Are they warranted against grand kids? Went to youngest grandson's baseball game tonight and Miss Grace destroyed everything in my shirt pocket including my company badge holder,
Foster Grants and reading glasses were worse for the wear. Good thing is I was able to share her rice crackers with her. Yuuuck!

IMO, the thing about some decent brand sun glasses is their customer service. I have crushed Maui's twice and they sent me replacements, no questions.

I like Costa Del Mar as well. I bought the Sunrise colored lense primarily for fishing. You can see very well into the water when bed fishing bass and they stay on at 75 MPH in the boat. I also use them when driving my Rhino to keep the dust out and they work well in very low light. I bought mine on Amazon for $80, regular retail was $149.

The only other sunglasses I like better are Kaenon but they are harder to find with a reduced price.

I've had a half dozen pair of Natives and the same for Smith. I favor Smith because their medium frames tend to fit me perfectly. When making a model change I try on every pair of decent sunglasses I can get a hold of and pick the one that fits the best. I think top dollar is worth it for daily wear.

I've had a half dozen pair of Natives and the same for Smith. I favor Smith because their medium frames tend to fit me perfectly. When making a model change I try on every pair of decent sunglasses I can get a hold of and pick the one that fits the best. I think top dollar is worth it for daily wear.
I agree. It's hard to go back to a cheap pair after having a good pair.

I have a pair of Maui Jims, and a pair of Spy glasses, both with polarized lenses, don't know the model. I think the Maui Jims are better from a polarized lense standpoint, but the Spy glasses make me look scary as hell according to my wife, so I wear them the most.:cool:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back