Caribou Gear Tarp

My 2024 Iowa season

duckhunt

I think this is a good time to start my new season.
Finally got on the ice last weekend. I guess everyone else had the same idea. Went to Lansing with my dad and a buddy from Wisconsin and found a whole bunch of other people.

20240127_092631.jpg
20240127_093757.jpg

I fished for about 3 hours only catching about 20 small gills. Dad and Jeff stayed out a couple more hours and had 18 keepers but also had to sort a bunch of smalls.

I left early to head up to Holeman marine to do some trading. If you read my posts in the past you should know that I've been fighting old junk motors I keep on my small boat at home. Well not anymore. Traded in a couple old 2 cycles for a newer 2008 4 stroke Yamaha 6 horse. Really looking forward to using this on the small rivers close to home.

20240128_095300.jpg

App season has begun so I will tell you my plans.
Put my two boys and a friend of theirs in for type 1 Wyoming antelope. I am in for a doe tag for the same unit. To be honest I really don't care if I draw or not, just thought I would put in because I am going with the boys anyway. Also planning a South Dakota pheasant , grouse, prairie chicken hunt with a work buddy. On top of that I will do my usual Iowa deer hunts and hopefully mix in some duck hunting that I haven't done for a few years now. I decided to wait on colorado elk since Wyoming and South Dakota will already burn up some time and money.

I think this is a good time to start my new season.
Finally got on the ice last weekend. I guess everyone else had the same idea. Went to Lansing with my dad and a buddy from Wisconsin and found a whole bunch of other people.

View attachment 313559
View attachment 313560

I fished for about 3 hours only catching about 20 small gills. Dad and Jeff stayed out a couple more hours and had 18 keepers but also had to sort a bunch of smalls.
I’ve drove by up there a couple times this week. Lots and lots of people!

It looks like you have some busy plans for 2024! Good luck with your adventures.

That’s a nice walleye! Looks like it’d be just under the slot limit! The big river has come up a couple feet since last week, that should make for even better fishing.

That’s a nice walleye! Looks like it’d be just under the slot limit! The big river has come up a couple feet since last week, that should make for even better fishing.

Walleye was 19.5 and sauger was 15.75. I was happy with that because since the slot was put in place everything I catch is usually under 15 or over 20.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back